Jim Rempe Practice Ball

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you players use the Rempe Cue ball in your practice. I started using it about 15 years ago. It's nice to use when you practicing some mild to wild applied English Shots, sort of a replay feedback, as to where the cue ball was struck with the tip.

The mark on the Rempe Ball let's you know if your stroke is contacting the Cue ball where you want to.. The Rempe Practice ball has a micro-surface so the chalk is captured, to reveal the spot where it was struck.

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I occasionally use it and like it.

Quite surprising to me when I do use it, I find that I am not hitting the CB as high or low as I think.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you players use the Rempe Cue ball in your practice. I started using it about 15 years ago. It's nice to use when you practicing some mild to wild applied English Shots, sort of a replay feedback, as to where the cue ball was struck with the tip.

The mark on the Rempe Ball let's you know if your stroke is contacting the Cue ball where you want to.. The Rempe Practice ball has a micro-surface so the chalk is captured, to reveal the spot where it was struck.
Any striped ball aligned correctly can pretty much give you the same feedback by checking out the location of the chalk mark after the shot.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any striped ball aligned correctly can pretty much give you the same feedback by checking out the location of the chalk mark after the shot.

When I use my striped balls, because I keep them clean, they don't keep the chalk as well as the Rempe. If you want to use Striped Balls, go ahead, But I 'm not sure how you reorient them, to see what you have just done.

If you hit your Striped Balls several times, before inspecting what you've done, to save some time, that will give you some pause... HaHaHa

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
If you want to use Striped Balls, go ahead, But I 'm not sure how you reorient them, to see what you have just done.
- With the stripe horizontal (for follow/draw)
- With the stripe vertical and facing you (for left/right)
- With the "number circle" facing you and the number upright (for either/both)

pj
chgo

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Rempe cue ball but prefer the Aramith Q-Tru Training Ball that has a better sight pattern.
The reverse side of the Rempe ball is so small & tight deriving meaningful feedback is very hard.
Accurate delivery of the cue tip contact point is not discernible on the pattern versus the front side.
The Aramith QTru Cue Ball offers a superior sight/aiming pattern which becomes easier to repeat.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too have an Aramith Q-Tru...

It's also a good Practice Cue Ball as well & does have the Micro-Surface, too.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very Good... that might work. Good Thinking...

But I like my Rempe Ball, had it a long time.

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has no area for reverse-intake-sidevacuum-suck and that's how I like to load the ball up on just about every shot, especially hangers.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't own one. I really just rely on the path of the cueball to tell me where I hit it. I sometimes use a striped object ball to show other people where the miscue limits are, especially if they are having trouble getting lively draw. I imagine it is useful to some people, and if I had it earlier in my learning curve it might have helped. Now I don't really find it necessary.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Sedog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If anybody would like to try it, i’ll sell mind only used a few times for $15 + $3 for shipping. PM me. Original packaging.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I have a Rempe training ball. I've only weighed like 5 of them, but have come to the conclusion they're weigh the same and likely the same phenolic as a red circle. If you're playing with Centennials or Aramith Super Pros, then Rempe is going to be lighter (at 166 grams) versus 169 grams.

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one..... it can be quite humbling when you stroke bigger, yet strike worse!