Jimmy White MBE

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2021 – JIMMY WHITE: 'WINNING WORLD TITLE COULD HAVE PUT ME IN EARLY GRAVE'​

Jimmy White infamously lost six World Championship finals between 1984 and 1994, but has revealed his failure to lift snooker's biggest trophy might have been a blessing in disguise. At the age of 58, White faces his old nemesis Stephen Hendry in the first round of qualifying for this year's event. He said he lost four world finals to Hendry while battling cocaine and alcohol addiction. :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...-put-me-in-early-grave_sto8193244/story.shtml

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SNOOKER 2021 - '10 GRAMS OF COCAINE' - JIMMY WHITE ON DEFEATS TO STEPHEN HENDRY​

Jimmy White continues to play professional snooker into his fifties and will welcome fellow veteran Stephen Hendry back to the table when the pair meet in the World Championship next week. White gave an interview detailing his drink and drug use at the height of his fame, something he believes held him back against Hendry. :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jimmy White given invitational tour card for next two seasons on World Snooker Tour ;​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/56709177

Jimmy White handed renewed two-year WST wildcard ;​

https://www.livesnooker.com/snooker-news/jimmy-white-handed-renewed-wildcard/

Jimmy White Receives New Invitational Tour Card :​

https://snookerhq.com/2021/04/11/jimmy-white-receives-new-invitational-tour-card/

Have you read all of the above ?

Question is does Jimmy White deserve the invitational tour card or is Mark Allen's call correct ?

Mark Allen describes Jimmy White invitational card as ‘shocking’​

Now read this : https://www.sportinglife.com/snooker/news/allen-hits-out-at-white-tour-card/190883

telinoz

Registered
Well... Jimmy rolling back the clock.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't bet, sorry.
Well, then, what good are you? ;) I don't bet either, to speak of.

I checked on the odds of Jimmy winning the UK Championship (oddschecker.com) and various bookies offer from 250:1 to 1000:1. There seems to be no way to bet against a single person other than to bet on everyone else.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't bet, sorry.

@Fatboy
You bet a lot, what are the in's and out's of Snooker betting?
I don’t think I ever bet a snooker match that I can remember.

Also I enjoy watching snooker. I don’t like to watch things I bet on-it’s a distraction. I watch both players leading up to a match(sometimes for a month or longer), have information, or what ever and when I make a bet I’ve done my homework & i’m either right or wrong. But I’ve paid careful attention. Unless it’s a $50 bet then I don’t care but for $500 and up. I pay attention ahead of time.

The exception is if I’m going to be betting on a player who’s going to be playing again soon-then I’m watching for certain things. Not for the enjoyment of watching the match. Not much fun. That’s research to make informed bets sooner than later.

I don’t bet with bookies, I never lay juice. I bet with people I know and trust.

I just enjoy snooker so much I don’t want the distraction of action.

I like to bet too, but takes the fun out of the sweat.

So sweating and betting are usually 2 separate things for me

I like giving the sweat bet guys courtesy action. End of the day I break even and they have fun. That’s a win for pool.

Best
Fatboy <——-professional rail bird

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t think I ever bet a snooker match that I can remember.

Also I enjoy watching snooker. I don’t like to watch things I bet on-it’s a distraction. I watch both players leading up to a match(sometimes for a month or longer), have information, or what ever and when I make a bet I’ve done my homework & i’m either right or wrong. But I’ve paid careful attention. Unless it’s a $50 bet then I don’t care but for $500 and up. I pay attention ahead of time.

The exception is if I’m going to be betting on a player who’s going to be playing again soon-then I’m watching for certain things. Not for the enjoyment of watching the match. Not much fun. That’s research to make informed bets sooner than later.

I don’t bet with bookies, I never lay juice. I bet with people I know and trust.

I just enjoy snooker so much I don’t want the distraction of action.

I like to bet too, but takes the fun out of the sweat.

So sweating and betting are usually 2 separate things for me

I like giving the sweat bet guys courtesy action. End of the day I break even and they have fun. That’s a win for pool.

Best
Fatboy <——-professional rail bird

i only bet on snooker when it comes to cue sports. money in pool needs to hike up before i bet on a pool. not saying the current crop of pros seems very prone to dumping, but the lower the prize money the bigger the lure. world snooker has a team of people analyzing every match, plus strict rules and contracts.

i get what you're saying though, especially betting on a player/team that you otherwise don't like much will muddle the waters when it comes to enjoying the matches

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i only bet on snooker when it comes to cue sports. money in pool needs to hike up before i bet on a pool. not saying the current crop of pros seems very prone to dumping, but the lower the prize money the bigger the lure. world snooker has a team of people analyzing every match, plus strict rules and contracts.

i get what you're saying though, especially betting on a player/team that you otherwise don't like much will muddle the waters when it comes to enjoying the matches
I agree about the dump. It’s alive and well. So for me pool action is a coin flip. Sure I follow it and bet as there was no dump. Some matches are played square. I know that first hand.

But for those reasons I bet small on potential dump matches $50 to maybe $1000 as it’s a coin flip. Unless you know what’s really going on. Which I’m the pool room 30 years ago I did occasionally over hear the “business” and that was sweet. Some guy played over and over again taking off a particular stake horse. Even better. I’ve profited from that.

I’ve been on the wrong side as well-it happens.

Games on the square are of course much better and as it should be. But there’s plenty of biz in snooker too sadly. We all remember the Russian mob guy talking to Higgins a decade ago while he was #1 or 2. Wow can he play.

Good luck out there!

Last year I was in Istanbul and watched the last 7-8 days of the WC from Sheffield, I didn’t miss a session. Was great. Sadly that’s hard to do in America-time zone etc.

Cheers
Fatboy

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JIMMY WHITE CONFIDENT OF RETURN TO FORM, ADMITS REGRET OVER 'SCHOOLBOY ERROR' LATE-SEASON TECHNIQUE CHANGE​

Jimmy White knows that he made a big mistake tweaking his technique in the lead up to qualifying for the World Snooker Championship. Despite making what he calls a 'schoolboy error', the legend insists that he will be back to winning form again before long. Former World Championship finalist Jimmy White said: "I'll be winning tournaments next year." :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...e-season-technique-cha_sto9555687/story.shtml

Jimmy White – ‘that’s the game we love’​

by David Caulfield on April 7, 2023 :

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

RONNIE O'SULLIVAN, STEPHEN HENDRY, STEVE DAVIS - JIMMY WHITE RANKS TOP 10 SNOOKER PLAYERS OF ALL TIME​

In some sports, the debate rages on who is the greatest of all time. Lionel Messi? Cristiano Ronaldo? Opinions differ, but many observers of snooker feel that seven-time world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan is the GOAT. Jimmy White is of that opinion, and he had his say about how the rest are ordered below 'The Rocket'. Stream the World Championship on discovery+, the Eurosport app and eurosport.com. :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JIMMY WHITE 'STILL GETS A BUZZ' WATCHING ALEX HIGGINS' LEGENDARY BREAK AGAINST HIM AT 1982 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP​

In an exclusive feature for Eurosport at the 2023 World Snooker Championship, Alan McManus asked Jimmy White for his thoughts on THAT legendary break from Alex HIggins. White said that when people show him that break he "gets a buzz" from it because it was such an impressive performance. "I get such a buzz out of watching Higgins play those shots,” White said on Eurosport’s coverage. :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...m-at-1982-world-champi_sto9576220/story.shtml

'IT'S EVIL'

I’m a snooker legend but became addicted to smoking crack – I spent £35k of my own cash on the drug :​

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22063600/jimmy-white-drug-addiction-snooker-crack/

POT LUCK

Snooker party animal Jimmy White ‘locked pal out of hotel room so he could romp with a fan’ :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JIMMY WHITE TARGETS SNOOKER TOURNAMENT WIN NEXT YEAR AND CRUCIBLE RETURN AFTER EARNING NEW TOUR CARD ON MERIT​

Jimmy White says his target for next season is to return to the Crucible for the first time since 2006 and to win a tournament. White’s last ranking event triumph on the tour came at the 2004 Players Championship. He earned a new tour card for the new season on merit after having his best campaign in recent memory, where he reached the main draw of the UK Championship in November. :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...-earning-new-tour-card_sto9587192/story.shtml

Jimmy White eaned his tour card unlike Stephen Hendry who needs yet another wild card ticket .

Jimmy White's got to be worth a quid in the Skybet Markets.....

Potential Returns: £6.00
re-use.svg
Re-use selections

Today

Wed
19:00

Jimmy White To Win World Seniors Championship 2023 @ 5/1​

Price Boosts
World Seniors Championship 2023

Jimmy White
Tournament Outright Winner