John Schmidt has beaten Mosconi

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For a guy who has spent his entire career attempting high runs in straight pool, he should have done it long ago, and have more higher runs that he does.

Even if what you say was true, who are you to judge someone else's situation? You know, walk a mile in their shoes type thing, right?

Having said ^^^^^^^^, I'll now state the obvious:

You are an a55hat, plain and simple!!!

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's both a sad and exciting fact that most if not all records will someday fall. The fact that Mosconi's stood for 60 years is in no way negated by John's run today.

Just like John's run today is in no way negated by the history it replaces.

Both are amazing feats and to be celebrated. Congratulations John on this milestone!

SlickRick_PCS

Pool, Snooker, Carom
Silver Member
In perspective

For all of you all who disrespects John and his record, I would like you all to eat your words, buy a Predator Revo 12.4mm, get on a table and beat his record hard just to prove him wrong. Otherwise, you all are nothing more than just wasted hot air and useless words. Anyone who acknowledge "King John" on his win, show him some love by buying a Revo or giving him some love on his FB page (or some money, which is physically better). Dude gave his heart to this sport (yea, I said it) and is beyond humble to many out there. John was easily my favorite from the get-go. King John is beyond wise, blunt, and knowledgeable beyond years that so many of you just passed him off as some other player. Regardless, he will go down in history as one of the best, regardless of the record broken or not.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Willie Mosconi's record is still an accomplishment, it stood the test of time for over 60 years.

When Sir Isaac Newton was asked about his accomplishments, he said something to the effect of "I stand on the shoulder of giants". I see John Schmidt in the same light.

I understand what your saying but I do not agree simply because John didn't "take-up" where someone else "left-off". He did the "very same thing":

he started from scratch.

I'm 100% positive we are both happy for him as most anyone that has even a clue, knows just how hard it is to do what he has "been doing" for a while now.

lol.... my high is 156 and I smile when I think about it. I cannot imagine what it would feel like to think back on 626........damn.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
For all of you all who disrespects John and his record, I would like you all to eat your words, buy a Predator Revo 12.4mm, get on a table and beat his record hard just to prove him wrong. Otherwise, you all are nothing more than just wasted hot air and useless words. Anyone who acknowledge "King John" on his win, show him some love by buying a Revo or giving him some love on his FB page (or some money, which is physically better). Dude gave his heart to this sport (yea, I said it) and is beyond humble to many out there. John was easily my favorite from the get-go. King John is beyond wise, blunt, and knowledgeable beyond years that so many of you just passed him off as some other player. Regardless, he will go down in history as one of the best, regardless of the record broken or not.

its just one fool whod say stupid crap
a fool whos got less going on than me lol

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For someone with over 1000 posts you should have written something actually useful long ago:eek:Unlike John you are still trying without success..:cool:

Marek,

We have had a couple conversations in the past. We have agreed on everything thus far if my memory serves.

I can see the above is another issue we agree on. Yep...lol...the guy is an a55.

I don't have many greens but, what I do have, I sent your way Sir.

Jeff

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unedited videos do not exist for Mosconi, Euphimia, or Cranfield either. I suspect this one will.

All the best,
WW

No, but Mosconi had an affidavit signed by dozens of eye witnesses.

It was the standard of the day before everyone had a video camera in their pocket. And we don’t need to “suspect” anything. There either will or there won’t.

Lou Figueroa

DJordan816

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Except Willie wasn’t trying to set a record he just went on a run one day and ran 526 THE FIRST TIME. John tried every day to break it for like 3 months after no telling how many years of trying to break it off and on before that..... but whatever same thing lol

SlickRick_PCS

Pool, Snooker, Carom
Silver Member
Cool hope it's clean , I got zero interest in watching it but I'm sure it will be gone over with a fine tooth comb by the a few here lol

If you have no interest in watching 14.1 and you play other kinds of Pocket Billiards, I am sorry to say, but you are missing out on a "classical" part of pocket billiards that so many beginners fail to get into -resulting in a loss of fundamentals. You can definitely tell the pool players who has played 14.1 before from the other bangers who hail coin-op "bar" tables as their first choice of playing platform.