John Schmidt says CTE works after all.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
794093ce-27e4-4c31-b87f-4f3d7e9005a5.jpg

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
BTW, when a person is banned, its is no bodies fault but their own.

Blaming others for ones banning is a is just lame.

Shows they have no idea about personal responsibility.

All my bans were my fault, now why some get banned and others who have done far worse and don't is another issue.

But, then again, its all subjective isn't it.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
If John Schmidt's opinion in not valid now because he doesn't use or understand the system, it was never valid.
Schmidt may not understand the system (we don't know), but it isn't necessary to use the system to understand it.

Nor is the opinion of any lesser player who fails to grasp the simple concepts laid out by Hal Houle and then Stan Shuffett, all because they can't bring it upon themselves to spend 8 hours or so trying to figure it out at the table.
Yes, the concepts are simple - always have been. And it's always been obvious without trying the system that seeing the same system alignment differently on different parts of the table is aiming by feel.

It baffles me how ENGLISH! can believe CJ's pseudoscience on one hand and get this right on the other, but somehow he does both - while actively maintaining his status as the most prolific and insufferable poster on AzB. Impressive.

pj
chgo

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
CJ put out no scientific claims.

CJ's 'margin for error' is just not understood by you because you do not understand that the possible error regarding tip contact on the cue ball is taken into account by the implementation of a PLANNED alignment to accommodate the possible error at the cue ball & that PLAN accommodates an error to either side.

The margin for error for hitting the intended location at the CB IS the same... & CJ never said that his TOI method would increase the margin for error THERE.

You want to over isolate the matter to merely that one parameter & that was NOT what CJ was talking about.

Here is not the place for that debate, but you brought it up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CJ's 'margin for error' is just not understood by you because you do not understand that the possible error regarding tip contact on the cue ball is taken into account by the implementation of a PLANNED alignment to accommodate the possible error at the cue ball & that PLAN accommodates an error to either side.

28724_1.jpg

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
... the possible error regarding tip contact on the cue ball is taken into account by the implementation of a PLANNED alignment to accommodate the possible error at the cue ball & that PLAN accommodates an error to either side
Yep, that's the stuff. You think that means something.

lol

pj
chgo

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Yep, that's the stuff. You think that means something.

lol

pj
chgo

It does when one understands it.

Many athletes, most really good ones, understand how to increase their margin for success.

Like CJ said, if you don't get it & it's not now for you, then just put it on a shelf as you may want to pull it out in the future.

Can you aim/align to miss the pocket & hit center as intended & still pocket the ball?

Can you aim/align just inside the point & intending a center hit & miss that center hit on BOTH sides off the ball & still pocket the ball?

You can do those with CJ's TOI method with the slight inside hit along with THE PLAN.

I may not have every time hit with the exact amount of intended inside but I've never crossed over & hit the other side nor have I hit center when trying to hit the inside.

So... what THE PLAN does is allow one to miss more on one side, the inside, & still pocket the ball

If you don't get it, put it on a shelf. You might want to pull it down at some time in the future.

If it's not for you then so be it, but rather many seemed to be have been utilizing it more & more based on the PMs that I was getting.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Very shortly after CJ left, all the the talk about TOI went with him. Since then I've been to several big tournaments including the US Open, DCC, and SBE. I haven't heard one person talking about TOI. I can't name one player I know personally that uses it. Not one player that I know of was using his T.I.P.S. banking system at the DCC.

He was a great player during his time/prime. But IMO, the majority of his time on AZB was spent baiting people with zen-like, mumbo-jumbo psycho-babble about this & that advanced/super secret techniques..........essentially he was cyber hustling. He milked it for what he could and then left.

Perhaps.

But I have received rather many PMs from individuals that were using it. If not as a complete playing method, at least as a tool in their tool box.

He also said when he first came on here that he was probably only devoting about 2 years here & that is about the time that he spent.

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Rather many....What is that 2?

The famous PM as an example of the validation of your worth or opinion . Another statement you have used for years, shame these same members cannot publicly support you.

Yep 2 years, first rule of the hustle is to know how long it will take to achieve maximum benefit.

Perhaps.

But I have received rather many PMs from individuals that were using it. If not as a complete playing method, at least as a tool in their tool box.

He also said when he first came on here that he was probably only devoting about 2 years here & that is about the time that he spent.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rather many....What is that 2?

The famous PM as an example of the validation of your worth or opinion . Another statement you have used for years, shame these same members cannot publicly support you.

Yep 2 years, first rule of the hustle is to know how long it will take to achieve maximum benefit.

Kanye-West-spotted-with-a-rare-smile-on-his-face.jpg

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Can you aim/align just inside the point & intending a center hit & miss that center hit on BOTH sides off the ball & still pocket the ball?
Can you aim/align just inside the point & intending an offcenter hit & miss that offcenter hit on BOTH sides off the intended contact point & still pocket the ball?

When you understand these are the same question you'll have learned something.

pj
chgo

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Can you aim/align just inside the point & intending an offcenter hit & miss that offcenter hit on BOTH sides off the intended contact point & still pocket the ball?

When you understand these are the same question you'll have learned something.

pj
chgo

No because you have taken MY question out of context & then distorted it's meaning & the intended point.

A TACTIC that you very very often employ.

I know how many PMs I received regarding TOI with good reviews as well as questions.

Those that know how to play, like athletes in other sports, understand how to increase their margin for success & recognize a beneficial method when they see it.

Those that are not athletes or don't really know how to play their game, like you seem to be, seem to not recognize or understand those beneficial methods.

Many instructors seem to resent those like CJ that know & can teach what seems to go against the basic, simplistic, things that those instructors can teach.

Real Players know what works even if they do not know the science behind it & can not explain it in scientific terms.

Then there are those that know some science, like you, & can explain some of it in scientific terms but have no clue of what actually works.

We are biological beings & not robotic machines. Hence bio-mechanics is what we use to PLAY the game.

Those out there that are playing the game know what matters in actually playing the game & it's not how clean a science lab table is.

When hitting a 2nd. spin serve in tennis one must start the ball out on a different line than when one was hitting a more flat 1st. serve.

One must align differently when one is playing a fade vs a draw off of a golf tee box or from where ever. One must also align differently or swing differently if the ball is above or below one's feet.

When throwing a two seam tailing fastball one must 'aim' differently than when one is throwing a 4 seam straight fastball.

Pitchers that are "painters" & can pitch a full game understand that... while 'pitchers' that get pulled in the 4th or 5th inning may not.

CJ's TOI is NOT an aiming method. It is a different method or style of play or type of shot that due to its dynamics requires a different alignment or 'aim' to accommodate or facilitate the PLAN for it.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
In other words, you don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

pj
chgo

No,

I know exactly what you are implying & yes in the simple isolated out of context application they would be the same.

I'll have to go back & see if I or you miss typed something, but there were two points being made & it appears that you have commingled them. For what possible purpose I can not imagine.

Now take that alignment to just inside the pocket point & one can plan for the inside hit on the cue ball & miss that intended hit in both directions & still pocket the ball. Hit the intended inside & the ball squirts out & adds cut toward the center of the pocket. Hit more to the inside & the ball squirts more out & adds more cut so the ball goes into the other thin hit side of the pocket. Hit on the other side of the intended inside hit & actually hit center & the ball goes just inside the pocket point where it was aligned.

Do the same alignment & plan for a center hit on the ball & one can NOT miss the intended hit in both directions & still pocket the ball. Center hit = just inside the pocket point. Miss to the inside & the ball squirts & adds cut so the ball goes in toward the center pocket. Miss & hit outside & the ball squirts to the inside & cuts the ball OUT of the pocket entirely for a miss.

That difference is an increased margin for success.

So... when one employs an appropriate PLAN along with the TOI there is an increased margin for success in that one can miss hit the intended target in either direction & STILL POCKET THE BALL.

I am NOT doing this for you at all. It's for the readership. I think there are many out there that can see things that you seem incapable of recognizing or simply refuse to admit.

I know that you will now say that planning for a center hit one would not align for just inside the pocket point but instead would align for the center pocket & hence a miss in either direction & perhaps still pocket the ball.

But when trying to hit center one will miss in both directions. When planning for the inside hit one almost never misses by hitting center because one knows that there is room to hit more to the inside & still pocket the ball. That basically takes one miss out of play.

Do you are anyone think that gambling players use methods that give them no advantage?

When one is throwing a two seam fast ball & knows that the ball will be tailing from left to right the target is from mid plate to 1/2 a plate size off to the left. So. moving in one direction the whole plate is available for a strike & one can fully commit to making the ball tail in that direction.

If throwing a 4 seam fast ball down the middle of the plate there is only 1/2 of the plate available for a strike in one direction or the other. Hence, one can not miss by much or the ball will start off line & may tail off the plate.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I know exactly what you are implying
I'm not implying anything - I'm saying it:

It doesn't matter if you're trying to hit center ball or off center - if you miss-hit the CB you'll miss the shot in the same direction and by the same amount both ways.

You obviously don't understand this - rambling on and on doesn't mask that.

pj
chgo

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I'm not implying anything - I'm saying it:

It doesn't matter if you're trying to hit center ball or off center - if you miss-hit the CB you'll miss the shot in the same direction and by the same amount both ways.

You obviously don't understand this - rambling on and on doesn't mask that.

pj
chgo

No.

The ball may travel off line in the same direction & possibly in the same amount but the initial line is NOT the same.

So... that does NOT mean that THE SHOT will be missed in both instances.

As usual you over isolate & fail to see the big picture.

It may be because you have never aligned to or targeted one side or the other of the pocket with the intention of moving the ball off of that line & farther into the pocket by the use of spin or in the case of TOI, Squirt.

Both are more dynamic than just hitting on the vertical axis.

You've made those components your enemy instead of making them your friend.

Golfers learn to make side spin their friend. You would seem to be a golfer that tries to hit the ball straight & winds up playing army golf.

Miss Right, Miss Left, Miss Right. Right, Right, Left, Right, Left.

Or.. a baseball pitcher that misses equally inside & outside over & over again for walk, after walk, after walk.

Or... a tennis player that loses game after game when serving the ball once into the net & the next long, over & over & over again.

Last edited: