Johnny Archer and Earl Strickland deliver in San Antonio

dchristal

Senior
Silver Member
The champions/legends tour rolled through San Antonio over the last couple of days and the guys really put on a great clinic. We are very lucky to have a past time where the icons are so accessible. Imagine what it would cost to spend 4+ hours with the top talent in any other sport. Ain't gonna happen. Earl and Johnny did everything possible to ensure that every participant left a better player and a better person.

I can't thank you guys enough. Good luck, and hope to see you through here again.

David Christal

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
I would be interested to know what kinds of things they teach in a 4 hour session. How many students were attending? Do they address different skill level students differently? Do the students get individual attention, or is it primarily a demonstration type of setting? Obviously, you think it was well worth your time and expense. Can you be more specific than just saying they made everyone better players?
Thanks
Steve

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pooltchr said:
I would be interested to know what kinds of things they teach in a 4 hour session. How many students were attending? Do they address different skill level students differently? Do the students get individual attention, or is it primarily a demonstration type of setting? Obviously, you think it was well worth your time and expense. Can you be more specific than just saying they made everyone better players?
Thanks
Steve
I would like to know the exact same things.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pooltchr said:
Thanks
Steve

There have been quite a few reviews posted already when the The Tour was elsewhere. Most if not all of the above has been covered. Im sure a search will produce them.

Templar

Registered
Pooltchr,
I attended one of their classes in Oregon in July. It was good in that you could get up close and watch exactly what they do. Johnny Archer gave some tips here and there and Earl kept trying to get everyone to shoot like him with one power stroke shot after the other. One really can't learn too much in four hours especially when the instruction is divided between 12 other players whose skill levels vary considerably. I'm glad I did it but I probably wouldn't do it again. Truth be told, you can observe these guys just as closely by watching them at tournaments. You just can't talk to them like you can in one of their classes...$200.00 later that is...