Johnny at Kolby's LAST NIGHT Who went

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
How was the Archer Exibition?

How was the Frost v/s Archer Match, and who won?

How about an after action report?




devil.gif
 
CocoboloCowboy said:
How was the Archer Exibition?

How was the Frost v/s Archer Match, and who won?

How about an after action report?




devil.gif
I went but did not get there until 9:30. I did meet him and he autographed a cue ball for me and I got my picture taken with him. He was a very nice guy for the very short time I talked to him. I finally met Fast Lenny. Him and Drew were playing when I got there. Both of them are very nice people.

BVal
 
Idea

BVal said:
I went but did not get there until 9:30. I did meet him and he autographed a cue ball for me and I got my picture taken with him. He was a very nice guy for the very short time I talked to him. I finally met Fast Lenny. Him and Drew were playing when I got there. Both of them are very nice people.

BVal

Maybe if you practice with the, autographed a cue ball you will soon be a 10 Rated Player.
thumbsup.gif
 
CocoboloCowboy said:
Maybe if you practice with the, autographed a cue ball you will soon be a 10 Rated Player.
thumbsup.gif
You and I both know it will take A LOT more than that! LOL :D
 
BVal said:
You and I both know it will take A LOT more than that! LOL :D

I saw Brady at Alexander's last weekend, Efrin would have a problem keeping up with him...
zipmouth.gif



BTW who won the BALLS, and CUES?
 
CocoboloCowboy said:
I saw Brady at Alexander's last weekend, Efrin would have a problem keeping up with him...
zipmouth.gif



BTW who won the BALLS, and CUES?
LMFAO - I know it is early but have you been drinking? lol :D:D

Efren could give me the 3 out and 6 on the wire in a rece to 7. :D

BVal
 
CocoboloCowboy said:
How was the Archer Exibition?

How was the Frost v/s Archer Match, and who won?

How about an after action report?




devil.gif
Hey guys, thank you for coming by. I met Fast Lenny who is a great guy in my opinion but I did not meet anyone else I wish I had known who they were so I could have introduced myself. I didn't have much time to hang out But I made sure that Lenny had a chance to meet Johnny. I was reall amazed at how many people wanted his autograph on cases, cues, balls etc. Babe Thompson brought some billiards digests from way back with Johnny on the cover for him to sign. I am kicking myself also because On Tuesday Johnny and I went straight to Kolbys as there were a couple of magazine people meeting us there to take pictures. I played 3 games against him and here is how it went. Game#1 I broke, I came up dry. Johnny ran out. Game#2 Johnny broke and ran, game#3 Johnny broke and ran. So I'm 3 down and I have played one shot. I then made a couple of comments about 9 ball being a stupid game and also the amount of luck I didn't have. Johnny stayed at my house and I didn't play him once to try and get my own back. However my 10 year old son (big Archer fan) played him and beat him. I think that tells you alot about Johnny. Ok rambling here I had a great time althoughI didn't get to see much of it. I would like to thank you all again for your support this whole process you know who you are.
Mark,
 
bfdlad said:
Hey guys, thank you for coming by. I met Fast Lenny who is a great guy in my opinion but I did not meet anyone else I wish I had known who they were so I could have introduced myself. I didn't have much time to hang out But I made sure that Lenny had a chance to meet Johnny. I was reall amazed at how many people wanted his autograph on cases, cues, balls etc. Babe Thompson brought some billiards digests from way back with Johnny on the cover for him to sign. I am kicking myself also because On Tuesday Johnny and I went straight to Kolbys as there were a couple of magazine people meeting us there to take pictures. I played 3 games against him and here is how it went. Game#1 I broke, I came up dry. Johnny ran out. Game#2 Johnny broke and ran, game#3 Johnny broke and ran. So I'm 3 down and I have played one shot. I then made a couple of comments about 9 ball being a stupid game and also the amount of luck I didn't have. Johnny stayed at my house and I didn't play him once to try and get my own back. However my 10 year old son (big Archer fan) played him and beat him. I think that tells you alot about Johnny. Ok rambling here I had a great time althoughI didn't get to see much of it. I would like to thank you all again for your support this whole process you know who you are.
Mark,
Lenny pointed you out to me but you were pretty busy shooting pool and talking to people so I didn't introduce myself. Thank you for putting this whole thing on. I didn't get to watch any of it because I had league and didn't get there until later but I did get is autograph and a picture with him. Without you setting this up - it would not be possible. So Thank You very much Sir!

BVal
 
BVal said:
Lenny pointed you out to me but you were pretty busy shooting pool and talking to people so I didn't introduce myself. Thank you for putting this whole thing on. I didn't get to watch any of it because I had league and didn't get there until later but I did get is autograph and a picture with him. Without you setting this up - it would not be possible. So Thank You very much Sir!

BVal
BVAL, first of all I was trying to talk to as many people as possible and I would have made time because I did want to meet you. Any other time we do anything like this PLEASE don't hesitate to say hi. You are right I was busy but if it wasn't you it would have been someone else who I maybe didn't want to meet. Please remember that. I also thank you so much for you kind words believe it or not there was really no money in this one for me but I am really happy that people enjoyed the night and got something out of it. We are already working on our next one. It will be a challenge match and it will be BIG. I can't say anything just yet until I get closer, but I will need everyones support again and hopefully have more time to get the sponsors etc. Again thank you it is nice to be appreciated,
 
bfdlad said:
BVAL, first of all I was trying to talk to as many people as possible and I would have made time because I did want to meet you. Any other time we do anything like this PLEASE don't hesitate to say hi. You are right I was busy but if it wasn't you it would have been someone else who I maybe didn't want to meet. Please remember that. I also thank you so much for you kind words believe it or not there was really no money in this one for me but I am really happy that people enjoyed the night and got something out of it. We are already working on our next one. It will be a challenge match and it will be BIG. I can't say anything just yet until I get closer, but I will need everyones support again and hopefully have more time to get the sponsors etc. Again thank you it is nice to be appreciated,
I think a lot more people would be able to show up if it was on a different night. Mon-Thurs a lot of people are in leagues and couldn't make it. 6 different people from the league I played in last night wanted to go but couldn't. I know it is impossible for everyone to be happy and the people you are inviting (the pro players) have schedules too. Just a suggestion.

Next time I will come up and introduce myself and if there is anything I can do to help just let me know and I will do what I can. I live about 10 seconds from Kolby's so traveling there is not a problem. :) Thanks again for your hard work.

BVal
 
BVal said:
I think a lot more people would be able to show up if it was on a different night. Mon-Thurs a lot of people are in leagues and couldn't make it. 6 different people from the league I played in last night wanted to go but couldn't. I know it is impossible for everyone to be happy and the people you are inviting (the pro players) have schedules too. Just a suggestion.

Next time I will come up and introduce myself and if there is anything I can do to help just let me know and I will do what I can. I live about 10 seconds from Kolby's so traveling there is not a problem. :) Thanks again for your hard work.

BVal
I think there are leagues somewhere in town almost everynight but correct me if I am wrong. Then you have the suns games or d'backs that also prevent people from coming. I also try and help Kolby's out by doing it on a night they don't have a tournament so they can maximize the slower nights and not interfiere with the nights they will already make $$. They do put money into the pot for sponsorship support also so I have a responsibility to them too. Then as you pointed out, the players are always in tournaments around the country or the world so that has to work too. Like you said it's hard to make it on a night when everyone can come but I the next time I will do some homework and see what nights the leagues are not on as I agree there are probably 8-9 people I know who could not make it. I am also working on something very big for June or July that is a MONSTER. With multiple players again I will let you know. I may take you up on your offer to help the next time.
 
bfdlad said:
I think there are leagues somewhere in town almost everynight but correct me if I am wrong. Then you have the suns games or d'backs that also prevent people from coming. I also try and help Kolby's out by doing it on a night they don't have a tournament so they can maximize the slower nights and not interfiere with the nights they will already make $$. They do put money into the pot for sponsorship support also so I have a responsibility to them too. Then as you pointed out, the players are always in tournaments around the country or the world so that has to work too. Like you said it's hard to make it on a night when everyone can come but I the next time I will do some homework and see what nights the leagues are not on as I agree there are probably 8-9 people I know who could not make it. I am also working on something very big for June or July that is a MONSTER. With multiple players again I will let you know. I may take you up on your offer to help the next time.
I totally understand. A lot more goes on (behind the scenes) then I or the general fan knows about. If you need help just say the word.

I do not know of ANY Friday, Saturday or Sunday night leagues. It would be a cool idea to have an exibition on a Saturday afternoon and then have a tournament afterwards. Kolby's has enough tables to to something like that. It could be open and run it like thier Tuesday night tourneys. Anyways just more ideas.

Brady
 
BVal said:
I totally understand. A lot more goes on (behind the scenes) then I or the general fan knows about. If you need help just say the word.

I do not know of ANY Friday, Saturday or Sunday night leagues. It would be a cool idea to have an exibition on a Saturday afternoon and then have a tournament afterwards. Kolby's has enough tables to to something like that. It could be open and run it like thier Tuesday night tourneys. Anyways just more ideas.

Brady
I have alot to learn and I am ALWAYS open to any ideas, suggestions that could make thing better. I may have something to combat the ideas as to why I know it would not work but I need to know where I go wrong. I already know some things that need to change, and I will be working on those things. They may be little things that seem like they don't matter but once you put a few little things right it makes a big difference. Anyone else who has anything please chime in but please try and be constructive and not just bash me :) PLEASE.
 
Sounds like everyone had a great time, bfdlad what is nest? Should have said NEXT EVENT.
lollol.gif
 
Last edited:
CocoboloCowboy said:
Sounds like everyone had a great time, bfdlad what is nest? Should have said NEXT EVENT.
lollol.gif
Cowboy, I was put in a bit of a spot with this one and so I want to make sure that I can make it happen without being rushed. The next event is not 100% done yet. There are a few tournaments that players will be going to I believe and so it's a matter of timing. The next event is going to be good as long as it works out. It will be a challenge match between two top players in the sport. Like I said before I don't want to say yet until I know for sure that it will be on. HOWEVER it will be a really good one,
 
Back
Top