Joss cue question

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see some Joss cues that say "Joss" on the butt cap and others have it engraved on the joint. Anyone know why? I emailed Joss and got no answer.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I see some Joss cues that say "Joss" on the butt cap and others have it engraved on the joint. Anyone know why? I emailed Joss and got no answer.

Joss name on the butt tends to be older and harder to get...
....my '68 Joss has the name on the butt cap....
....some Josses in the '70s had the name but in a different font...
...I have one left from the 80s, the name is on the joint collar.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you are talking about the serial number etc on the steel joint collar, they started doing that in the late 90's IIRC. The concept is a way of tracking, and registering the cue to the original owner for warranty issues etc.

If you are talking about gold lettered "Joss Custom" on the black joint rings, that was the 80s into the early 90s, I dont have exact dates to give you, but thats the rough time line.

As to the butt cap, Danny Janes has changed that logo every so often throughout the life of the company, dating all the way back to when he and Bill Stroud were making cues together.

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Joss that was made in 2010 and it has JOSS in gold on the butt cap and JOSS with the serial # engraved at the joint.

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Joss that was made in 2010 and it has JOSS in gold on the butt cap and JOSS with the serial # engraved at the joint.

Mine was made recently, it has JOSS with the serial # engraved at the joint, but nothing on the butt cap. It looks like this:

M-005.jpg

Last edited: