White or gold letter? With or without a date?
My '85 Joss is white letter with a date.
Mine is an ‘86 Joss...can’t remember the color...will check tomorrow.
...it’s at the pool hall
White or gold letter? With or without a date?
My '85 Joss is white letter with a date.
Nice find. Especially for the price. But I have to ask is that a crack where it says Joss or just the wood?
I showed it to a friend who works with wood...
...he thinks it’s just a mark in the wood..a mineral deposit?
White or gold letter? With or without a date?
My '85 Joss is white letter with a date.
White or gold letter? With or without a date?
My '85 Joss is white letter with a date.
Mine is an ‘86 Joss...can’t remember the color...will check tomorrow.
...it’s at the pool hall
Yep, no crack, I thought somebody would think that. It certainly doesn't help. Although the cue is in nice shape it has been used and has some some minor dings in the wood on the end of the butt, and the shaft has been used. Straight, and solid though.
White letters
That is consistent with my understanding of those labels. IIRC, '82-'86 used white lettering on the collars and gold lettering from late '86/early '87 through the early 90's. I didn't see that information on the Joss website. I searched "gold letter" and there are quite a few Joss cues posted with gold lettered collars with the newest claimed from 1987.
It looks like a scuff from a plastic pocket liner. Common in that area of a cue. Probably buff off.
Cue looks to be in pretty decent shape.
I sure like it. :smile: