Joss West

will8834

Adcock Cues
Silver Member
I have a Joss West I am making some shafts for and the pin looks like 5/16 14 but the inserts I have do not fit. The pitch on the threads seems to be different. I tried other JW shafts on the cue and they do not fit either. Any help would be appreciated.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a Joss West I am making some shafts for and the pin looks like 5/16 14 but the inserts I have do not fit. The pitch on the threads seems to be different. I tried other JW shafts on the cue and they do not fit either. Any help would be appreciated.
Drop bstroud here on AZ a PM and ask him what you should do.

RBC

Deceased
Most likely they are a 5/16-14 acme thread.

They look close, but are a different profile. Standard inserts won't fit them, and acme inserts are hard to find. Whatever you do, don't just change the screw or let someone recut the thread on the screw. It de-values the cue if you do that.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
I agree, possibly ACME.
I did a Predator shaft to one several years ago and had to get the insert directly from Mr. Stroud. I don't know anyone else that uses that thread in a 5/16 although I have seen it in a 3/8. IIRC, that was a 3/8x12 ACME.
FWIW, I priced the tap and you're into roughly $300 to get the job done.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I can make the insert. send me an email