Judd Trump

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Judd Trump: Former world snooker champion to compete at US Open Pool Championship :​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker...gBIkeuSWBi0Ymt7T2QcB9K2T8K9Bi2_QofsAzFT4AC6nI

TRUMP TO COMPETE AT US OPEN POOL CHAMPIONSHIP :​

Good move this one by Judd Trump . Stirs up the imagination of Billiard fans and who knows how well he will play . ;)(y)

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A Change of Scene :​

https://greenbaize1972.com/a-change...49cTZNs7xMehn90CdEXzCetRnD8Myznayz0mhSg6W8mAw

By Elliott west

“For me, there’s potential to play in front of a whole new fanbase, there’s a lot of people who watch snooker and don’t watch pool and vice versa. I think for me, it’s all about trying to find that middle ground and getting different people interested in different things, and getting people to open their eyes to see what’s going on. It’s a chance for me to get on their radar and hopefully I can put on a good showing of myself and hopefully nobody hates me after the tournament! Hopefully, I can bring them back across to snooker and hopefully in the future combine them both and make them both as big as possible.”
Judd Trump

Introduction

Excitement has descended on the world of the snooker with the announcement that Judd Trump will be travelling to the USA to compete in the US Open Pool Championship later this month. The tournament that takes place between 13-18 September at Harrah’s Resort, Atlantic City, will see both Judd Trump and former 2006 WEPF World Eight-ball champion, Mark Selby compete. Trump’s camp has been very clever by accepting this golden opportunity to compete on a world stage in another cue sport and he will follow in the footsteps of Steve Davis, Tony Drago, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O’Sullivan and Jimmy White, who have all turned their hand to pool during their snooker careers, most notably the Mosconi Cup.

A Stroke of Genius

Judd decided to cherrypick this tournament because it has the most heritage and prestige to it and if you are going to win a pool tournament, this one would be the icing on the cake. Trump loves a challenge and will definitely get one by accepting this mammoth task, being thrown into the deep end of something that hopefully ends up with him brandishing silverware at the end of the mission. Either way, this is an experiment and allows a top-ranking snooker player to use his vast ammunition of skills and titles in snooker and try to convert them into a winning formula in another like-minded sport. It is highly risky but one that could potentially reap massive rewards.

Spreading the Word

Behind the hype of this media announcement, lies a very specific task. This is to try and break into the American market. World Snooker has a long-term goal of globalising snooker and by using their players in another field, it not only showcases their skills to an American audience but makes them aware of a sport that is still small fry across the country. Snooker clubs do exist in America, with clubs dotted around in cities such as New York and Washington. A Pan American Snooker and Billiards Association and the United States Snooker Association exist with various tournaments taking place across the season but they are not highly publicised and there still seems to be little hunger or demand from the American public for snooker, still leaning towards the prevalent game of pool in bars and clubs across the country.

America has not to date, produced a credible snooker player and with Judd going to compete in America, this could change and at the very least, open the doors to bringing a tournament to this country. Shrewd businessmen and potential sponsors would be foolish to look a gift horse in the mouth by turning this potential golden opportunity down, especially with the vast number of television sports networks that exist across this vast country.

Judd has been chosen to lead this mission because he is young, current and extremely successful. He had a dream to play pool and this is now being made a reality. He appreciates pool and wants to stamp his authority on it, adding another string to his bow and bringing with his legion of supporters that have applauded him on the green baize as he now dips his toe into the pool platform.

Summary

The jury is out on whether Judd Trump can be successful in this pool challenge but if anyone can do it, he can and he may even set up a final with Mark Selby. It is a highly risky undertaking but one that reaps benefits even if he doesn’t lift the trophy. As well as highlighting the players, this is a marketing mission and allows Matchroom to test the waters of the American market and hopefully make inroads to one that is complex and allows few outsiders to succeed in. This is a brilliant opportunity and has to be seized, exciting times for both sports and bringing a seismic charge to the market as we emerge from the pandemic.

IMG_13443585.jpg
Promotional advertising for Judd Trump’s forthcoming appearance in the US Open Pool Championship, picture courtesy of Matchroom.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

CAN TRUMP CONQUER POOL? :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

SNOOKER NEWS - JUDD TRUMP AND MARK SELBY TO COMPETE IN US OPEN POOL CHAMPIONSHIP AND ULTIMATE POOL PAIRS CUP​

Snooker's top-two ranked players will both be trying their hands at pool this month. World No 1 Mark Selby will be playing with his brother-in-law Gareth Potts at the Ultimate Pool Pairs Cup while world No 2 Judd Trump heads Stateside as he competes at the US Open Pool Championship in Atlantic City, New Jersey. :​

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

Judd Trump: Former world snooker champion to compete at US Open Pool Championship :​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker...gBIkeuSWBi0Ymt7T2QcB9K2T8K9Bi2_QofsAzFT4AC6nI

TRUMP TO COMPETE AT US OPEN POOL CHAMPIONSHIP :​

Good move this one by Judd Trump . Stirs up the imagination of Billiard fans and who knows how well he will play . ;)(y)
It's a better move for the game/sport itself and for Matchroom who knows how to promote.
They gave this man a life that he would of never had if it wasn't for Barry Hearns foresight.
Darts also is Very successful because of B.H.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a better move for the game/sport itself and for Matchroom who knows how to promote.
They gave this man a life that he would of never had if it wasn't for Barry Hearns foresight.
Darts also is Very successful because of B.H.
Maybe this is a way to get Billiards into the Olympics . :unsure:(y)

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Judd Trump: All the top pool players will be gunning for me but I’d be happy to win a game :​

https://metro.co.uk/2021/09/07/judd...g-for-me-ill-be-happy-to-win-a-game-15221041/ :

Judd Trump is going to test himself against some of the top pool players on the planet at the US Open next week and, although his preparation has been far from ideal, he is taking the opportunity to test the waters of the American market.

One of snooker’s biggest stars is heading to Atlantic City to see how he gets on in the world of 9-Ball, but he knows how tough it is going to be given that he has barely played the sport in years.

His US Open campaign begins on Monday against Joe Magee and the Ace is still yet to get hold of a pool cue, but with an intense few days of practice ahead, he is hoping to at least get through the first round.

‘I’d be happy to win a game,’ Trump told Metro.co.uk of his US Open chances. ‘We left it so late and I’ve just tried to experiment and do as much as I can with no snooker tournaments going on.

‘I’ve not even got a proper cue at the minute [Tuesday], I haven’t played since I was a kid, really. I expect absolutely nothing, I’m going there to see if I could ever do it more, if I could play pool and go back to snooker and not lose too much feel or anything. It’s a feeler event to go out there and test the water.’

Asked if he has snuck in any practice yet he said: ‘None. Absolutely none.

‘I always like to be prepared, I don’t like going with the attitude that I’m just there to enjoy it, that’s not what I’m about, I like going there knowing I can win it.

‘Deep down I know I can’t win it, but I’m getting a cue, I’ve got somewhere to practice for the next three days, I’ve got a table when I arrive so I can get going straight away..

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

SNOOKER NEWS: HAS ANY POOL PLAYER CONQUERED SNOOKER? JUDD TRUMP TO EMULATE RONNIE O'SULLIVAN, MARK SELBY AND STEVE DAVIS​

Judd Trump will become the latest in a long line of snooker players to make the transition from the green to blue baize when he appears at the US Open Pool Championship next week with Ronnie O'Sullivan, Steve Davis, Jimmy White and Mark Selby all notable snooker icons to take on the world's best pool players. But have any pool players managed to successfully switch up to the bigger table? :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...e-o-sullivan-mark-selb_sto8531355/story.shtml

DRAGO: TRUMP CAN’T WIN 9-BALL :​

https://wst.tv/drago-trump-cant-win-9-ball/

I don't think it really matters if Judd Trump can win the event it's all about spreading the word of world of Billiards ?

Probably just teamed up Mark Selby with MATCHROOM and enterered the competition for laughs and a cheap holiday , or so you think .

MATCHROOM know what they are doing and the train is a heading to the Olympics Billiards.....

Just my opinion but lets see what happens folks ! ;) (y)

The Verbalist

. . .
Silver Member
Skybet Markets : https://m.skybet.com/pool/us-open-pool-championship/event/28240912 :

Judd Trump v Joe Magee​

US Open Pool Championship​

Monday 13th September 2021 21:00
Bets placed in accordance with our Market Rules
  • Match Betting​

Judd Trump1/6
    Joe Magee7/2
  1. Pool
  2. Judd Trump v Joe Magee
It's 1/6 for Judd to win this match but would you really bet on a snooker player to win a US pool match at those odds ? :unsure: ;) (y)
Judd's opponent is from my area. If i was a gambling man, I would bet my entire savings on Judd. This match will be a joke.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

£5.00​

Double​

@ 0.24/1​

You won £6.20 (inc. stake)

Settled

Won

Judd Trump @ 1/6​

Match Betting
Judd Trump 8 v 0 Joe Magee

Won

Shane Van Boening @ 1/16​

Match Betting
Francesco Candela v Shane Van Boening

That's how much the double paid out for 5 of Her Majesty's folks . :ROFLMAO: :unsure: :cool: (y)

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Snooker star Judd Trump breezes through nine-ball debut in pool's US Open :​

https://www.sportinglife.com/snooke...rough-nine-ball-debut-in-pools-us-open/194596

TRUMP SCORES WHITEWASH VICTORY :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Watch Judd Trump's superb potting in his opening win at the US Open pool tournament :​

https://www.sportinglife.com/snooke...ing-win-at-the-us-open-pool-tournament/194600

Skybet Markets : https://m.skybet.com/pool/us-open-pool-championship/event/28246231 :

Judd Trump v Dhruvalkumar Patel​

Tuesday 14th September 2021 21:00
  • Sky Sports Arena
  • Match Betting​

Judd Trump1/10
    Dhruvalkumar Patel11/2
  1. Pool
  2. Judd Trump v Dhruvalkumar Patel

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How did judd do today?
any link to the match?

JUDD TRUMP REACHES US OPEN THIRD ROUND AS SNOOKER WORLD NO 2’S 9-BALL DEBUT RUN CONTINUES IN ATLANTIC CITY​

Judd Trump is making his 9-ball debut at the US Open in Atlantic City. Snooker’s world No 2 enjoyed a 9-0Sandybeach win in the first round over Joe Magee, and he followed that up with a second-round 9-2 victory over Dhruval Patel. Next up for the 2019 snooker world champion is Abdullah Al-Shammari on Wednesday. :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
September 13 - September 18, 2021

US OPEN POOL CHAMPIONSHIP 2021​

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City

Schedule :​

https://cuescore.com/tournament/US+Open+Pool+Championship+2021/9209905

Skybet Markets : https://m.skybet.com/pool/us-open-pool-championship/event/28252537 :

Judd Trump v Abdullah Al-Shammari​

Wednesday 15th September 2021 16:00
  • Match Betting​

Judd Trump4/9
    Abdullah Al-Shammari13/8
  1. Pool
  2. Judd Trump v Abdullah Al-Shammari
Streamlink .

^^Watch^^Live#US Open Pool Championship 2021 LIVE STREAM | Watch 2021 US Open 9 Ball Pool Championship DAY 3 Live #USOpenPool [#MatchroomPool ✅ - #9ball ✅ - #USOpenPool] 👇Don't miss
Matchroom Pool : US Open 9-Ball Championship 2021 - LIVE