Just back from Vegas, Cali

TwistedTexasStyle

A little vanity here. I met Max Oberle in Vegas while handing out stickers promoting my game. We talked over several days and finally we broke off from Griff's and went to Good Times. After everyone there shook Max' hand we went down into the pit and played my game. It was 2-1 Max and he was still interested and asked what we should race to? I had no need to waste his time so I said 4. I got to the hill before it was over but what was important to me was he really likes the game.
A week later I was in Orange, CA at Danny K's passing out stickers and found out Bruce Buffer, UFC's famed announcer, was going to be there that evening pitching Puncher's Chance whiskey. I stuck around and had a chance to visit with him. He graciously accepted one of my stickers and in a follow-up email said he will mention my game to Joe Rogan.
I know I'm just a barroom hack with a crazy idea. Last month, Charlie the Hillbilly Bryant was at Skinny Bob's, selling his Brutal line of shirts and hats and he got a hold of my ear. The man has an opinion on pool and has the years to back it up. He helped me understand I may have a fun little game but it is not what the pro's need or want. What I learned is Texas One Shot is a good game to take young minds off of making a ball everytime so they can focus on some of the other aspects of their game. Plus, its fun, even kids like fun!

So what I have is a fun little game of carom 9ball that a Pro like Max and a Champion Master Instructor like Randy Geottlicher both think is a game worthy of respect. I'm learning my place. I am still trying to put together College Tournament here in Texas if you know anyone interested. Also, I'm working on a live stream tutorial thru Backward Billiards out of San Antonio.

nicksaint26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A little vanity here. I met Max Oberle in Vegas while handing out stickers promoting my game. We talked over several days and finally we broke off from Griff's and went to Good Times. After everyone there shook Max' hand we went down into the pit and played my game. It was 2-1 Max and he was still interested and asked what we should race to? I had no need to waste his time so I said 4. I got to the hill before it was over but what was important to me was he really likes the game.
A week later I was in Orange, CA at Danny K's passing out stickers and found out Bruce Buffer, UFC's famed announcer, was going to be there that evening pitching Puncher's Chance whiskey. I stuck around and had a chance to visit with him. He graciously accepted one of my stickers and in a follow-up email said he will mention my game to Joe Rogan.
I know I'm just a barroom hack with a crazy idea. Last month, Charlie the Hillbilly Bryant was at Skinny Bob's, selling his Brutal line of shirts and hats and he got a hold of my ear. The man has an opinion on pool and has the years to back it up. He helped me understand I may have a fun little game but it is not what the pro's need or want. What I learned is Texas One Shot is a good game to take young minds off of making a ball everytime so they can focus on some of the other aspects of their game. Plus, its fun, even kids like fun!

So what I have is a fun little game of carom 9ball that a Pro like Max and a Champion Master Instructor like Randy Geottlicher both think is a game worthy of respect. I'm learning my place. I am still trying to put together College Tournament here in Texas if you know anyone interested. Also, I'm working on a live stream tutorial thru Backward Billiards out of San Antonio.

Just an fyi it's Max Eberle

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

what is your game?

TwistedTexasStyle

what is your game?
Texas One Shot is my game. Derived from 9ball, instead of shooting again if you make a ball a player must move the 9 to get to shoot again. It is revolutionary in that you have to make a ball to win but you do not have to make a ball to shoot again. TX1Shot.com

Reactions: bbb

TwistedTexasStyle

Not only is it Eberle, it's California, not Cali. Cali is a city in Colombia.
My bad. I watched too much TV in the seventies. California it is! And I can't believe I spelled Max Eberle's name wrong.

This forum has been very kind to me. I learn something new every time I am here and it has helped me understand where my game fits in the world. File it under Fun! Everyone I have play it with finds it challenging, fun and easy to grasp. It is not going to change the world but it is a game for Show-offs and Bad Asses, show-offs move the 9 a lot, Bad Asses make it!

tomatoshooter

Texas One Shot is my game. Derived from 9ball, instead of shooting again if you make a ball a player must move the 9 to get to shoot again. It is revolutionary in that you have to make a ball to win but you do not have to make a ball to shoot again. TX1Shot.com
That sounds like an interesting game.

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good old Texas One Shot! Everyone's been playing that game for years up here. I moved up here in 1985 and a few locals taught me the game. Sideways rack, 9 ball moves you shoot again, knocking the 9-ball around with no rail is allowed, etc. Great game, action junkies love it!

dquarasr

Registered
But the objective is to sink the 9, right?

TwistedTexasStyle

Good old Texas One Shot! Everyone's been playing that game for years up here. I moved up here in 1985 and a few locals taught me the game. Sideways rack, 9 ball moves you shoot again, knocking the 9-ball around with no rail is allowed, etc. Great game, action junkies love it!
Cool you like it. Where's up here? And your correct, the objective is to win. That's why I don't practice losing.