just curious

troy kirkendoll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if all the tar matches that svb has played and won, who thinks that if it wasnt 10ball he wouldnt have won as many. i mean no disrespect to svb, he is great, but i think that his 10 ball break is the best and makes him the best 10 ball player in the world imo. but, i dont think he can handle mika, johnny, and rodney in 9ball. just curious

vincentwu817

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he definitely won't win as many. 9-ball has a lot more factors involved, uhh I won't go into discussion on that. There are enough threads on that already.

troy kirkendoll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he definitely won't win as many. 9-ball has a lot more factors involved, uhh I won't go into discussion on that. There are enough threads on that already.

and thats why i say he is not the best american player. although i think he is top 5. ther are more 9ball tourneys than 10 ball. i just think that he might be gettin a little to much credit because of his 10 ball game. imo he is by far the best at 10ball, mainly because of his break. i watched the tar between him and mika, he shot great , but the break was the deciding factor in the overall score. and he also got several good rolls. please dont take this as im saying he is not great because he is.

vincentwu817

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The term "best" is a little vague. I find it something difficult to prove especially in the game of pool where on a day to day basis a players performance can change. Measuring greatness of a career is a much easier thing to do than to measure a player's current level. However if he is consistently winning money games for 10-ball, then you can label him as the "best" 10 ball player within a certain time frame, otherwise a lot of it is pointless. SVB is a great player, but I don't feel like there's a need to label someone the best player.

Lets say I beat SVB in 10-ball (for some reason, but is impossible in reality), would that make me the best player because i beat the "best." I think if these players play each other daily and add up a high number of games, then the data would suggest who is the "best" player out of all those games.

Last edited:

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if all the tar matches that svb has played and won, who thinks that if it wasnt 10ball he wouldnt have won as many. i mean no disrespect to svb, he is great, but i think that his 10 ball break is the best and makes him the best 10 ball player in the world imo. but, i dont think he can handle mika, johnny, and rodney in 9ball. just curious

Um, the break is part of the game. The game of 10 ball is harder and requires more skill to play. Any time you have a game that requires more skill sets, you have a better player. (main stream games, not 1 pocket or 14.1) This list of players that actually play those games are only a fraction of actual pool players.

Play the same rules in 9 ball as 10 ball and he will win. Maybe you are forgetting, he already won a US Open 9 ball title and I'm sure regardless of the rules, he would do well.