1) cue ball deflection
2) sound when striking CB
3) vibrations when striking CB high outside
4) comfort of taper through your stroke
5) feel/smoothness of shaft in your bridge
6) fit, finish, and appearance of overall shaft

Thank you.

Hey Iusetoberich,

In case your interested in my experience between the cuetec and revo 12.4.

1. Revo is a good bit lower in deflection
2. Revo has a pingy sound and cuetec has a muted sound
3. Revo is much more sensitive than cuetec
4. Cuetec has a pro taper ...revo is modified taper
5. Smoothness about the same...feel: the revo hits much harder and has more energy transfer.
6. Cuetec has a white ferrule which IMO, softened the hit but may give some people a better visual vs the revo.

Overall:

IMO, if a person needs a white ferrule as a visual aid, likes a soft muted hit and a pro taper..buy a cuetec.

On the other hand, if a player likes a stiff hit, more energy transfer, lower deflection and don't need a visual white ferrule....revo....no question about it.

Jeff

Ratamon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played with a lot of shafts at SBE, the CF shaft that actually felt like CF shaft outside of the Revo was the one from Mezz, it felt almost like a Revo, the Jacoby was second. Cuetec and Meucci ones felt more like normal maple LD shafts. Meucci was my least favorite. If someone wants a CF shaft that actually is different from a maple shaft, then Predator, Mezz or Jacoby wold be the ones. Of course in my thinking, if you want a shaft with the hit and play-ability of a maple LD shaft why spend double the price on a CF shaft that just copies the hit of a maple shaft. I like my CF shafts to actually have some difference.

My son bought a Cuetec, we both tried it for a bit, then he traded it for a Revo and even got another $50 on top of it. Even after going through all the shafts on several different cues, the Revo and the Mezz were the top two as far as being different from any other maple LD shaft.

Thanks, very helpful. I also like a white ferrule on Jacoby, it aids my aiming quite a bit, especially on the black.

I should try a Mezz to have full picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gatto138

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you think you pocket balls with the REVO better is because you have used it for a year
And subconsciously have adapted to its deflection?

To me, my 12.4 revo deflects almost identically to my Z2, but for some reason I make way more balls with my revo. I run out on the big diamond consistently now. I really feel more accurate now. And to the people who complain about the sound; I hated the sound too. But I recently put a techno dud on my revo and it sounds amazing now. Same high pitched ping as my vantage shaft. It feels so much better with techno dud

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Obviously. The weight/balance makes a difference as well. Revo deflects a bit less than the cuetec but the difference is so small it’s almost irrelevant under normal play. However at any speed if you apply extreme english the difference is there. It would probably take me a few hours to adjust to the cynergy. It’s not an issue. Neither is the Revo being all black, my eyes got used to that in a day.

Do you think you pocket balls with the REVO better is because you have used it for a year
And subconsciously have adapted to its deflection?

Last edited: