Kamikaze cue tips

RakRunr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My unpopular opinion about tips is most of the "premium" brands aren't worth the money. Kamikaze is less expensive and plays just fine. Everest is fine. Heck, a well maintained Le Pro is fine. I played with Aramith Hard tips for several years, but most people don't like a hard tip. My biggest complaint is it is expensive and time consuming to experiment with a lot of different tips, which is why I now do my own tip work.

I've used a couple Kamikazes. I bought them because they are affordable and I was curious. So far I have tried a medium and a soft. Absolutely personal preference, but the medium hit and felt better to me.

I recently bought a few Morakami tips, but haven't tried one yet. YMMV.

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
I recently installed a kamikaze elite medium tip on my becue engage 11.8 ,
Hard to beat the price, they play very good, hold chalk well & generate alot of english , Everything Id expect out of a great tip.
I then installed a kamikaze platinum blue ss to my engage 12.3, it plays fairly well, but glazes over quickly, had to re-scruff/ tip pik the thing 3 times already, and its only been on the shaft 5 days. Maybe the platinum medium would of been better. I was hoping it would play similar to the zan tips, but not so much .
Ill be trying the kamikaze black soft next on my z3 , hoping it plays better than the premium. Ill post within the next week or so with my thoughts on the black.

Last edited:

Das Cue-Boot

Agree with Mr Machine. Work fine, last a long time, price is right. One thing to note is that they are about one level softer than most, so a soft plays kind of like a super soft, medium like a soft, etc. My experience is based solely on the black tips.

Last edited:

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go with Ultraskin, better quality control, I bought premium kamikaze and really disappointed of these tips, a lot of variation in tickness, a pure lost of time and money.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just received 20 of the Kamikaze Elite tips. I have yet to play with them, but they are consistent in thickness, and hardness checks out. I will post followup, as play with them. BTW, they were shipped extremely fast!!