Kamikaze Impact pads

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just noticed that Kamikaze cue tip website also offers “impact” pads for carbon fiber shafts. For background, i tried using 1/16 inch leather pads several years ago. The experiment didn’t work out as I could get no draw on the cue ball. When installed under the tip, it didn’t even help “silence” the sound. Cueman warned me, but I tried it anyway. If you have had experience with these impact pads, please let us know about it. Thanks. I’m willing to try this idea again if enough people have had positive experiences with them.

Kamikazecuetips

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just noticed that Kamikaze cue tip website also offers “impact” pads for carbon fiber shafts. For background, i tried using 1/16 inch leather pads several years ago. The experiment didn’t work out as I could get no draw on the cue ball. When installed under the tip, it didn’t even help “silence” the sound. Cueman warned me, but I tried it anyway. If you have had experience with these impact pads, please let us know about it. Thanks. I’m willing to try this idea again if enough people have had positive experiences with them.

Kamikazecuetips

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Give them a try! I think you will like them. We do sell a bunch of these, as well as install several locally with excellent feedback.
E935E5C4-8122-44B4-BDCD-F1BBF215476D.jpeg

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the input. I’ll order some when I get back next week. BTW, what are the pads made from?

Reactions: JSS

Kamikazecuetips

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It’s a proprietary material, but the material has characteristics similar to phenolic.
Thanks
Thanks for all the purchases from yesterday. We do carry these impact/sound pads in 3 different colors, with red being the #1 seller.

Attachments

• 4DF24A09-FE8B-4117-857B-C913CD8221B2.jpeg
    4DF24A09-FE8B-4117-857B-C913CD8221B2.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 102

slim123

Try using electronic insulation from an old radio or tv. was used years ago.
Are you talking about micarta at any rate no one should need these pads unless they have a void as in tube ferrules or ivory ferrules on wood shafts to keep the impact from cracking the ferrule
The only difference i see a pad can make is if the ferrule in this particular carbon fiber shaft is too thin , then the pad will ad a combined impact

Last edited:

xX-Wizard-Xx

what is the benefit of these pads .... been playing for may years and never found a reason for it. From what i understand it is good if you have an ivory ferrule