Kamui Glove

Kaiser Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Molinari glove showed up yesterday and I played my first night with it. The fit is way better than my old Predator glove for one and it worked great for open and closed bridges. My only gripe was that it did feel like my hand needed to breathe after wearing it for a couple hours but overall a notable upgrade from the Predator glove so I'm happy.

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are $14 each and I like the tip on the Index finger. Maybe when one of my pool buddies is going to the Japan Open I will get them to pick me up a pair. It might be a while before that happens or it might never happen. If you see me posting in this thread about the Owl Glove, let me know. The only thing I am concerned about is the size of that glove.

JoeyA

I do know that everything in Japan tends to run small. In American sizes I'm a small/medium for just about everything, in Japan I had to buy everything in large. Maybe someone in one of the facebook groups can get stuff sent over from Japan?

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I do know that everything in Japan tends to run small. In American sizes I'm a small/medium for just about everything, in Japan I had to buy everything in large. Maybe someone in one of the facebook groups can get stuff sent over from Japan?

FB is a good idea. Thanks,
JoeyA

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
My Molinari glove showed up yesterday and I played my first night with it. The fit is way better than my old Predator glove for one and it worked great for open and closed bridges. My only gripe was that it did feel like my hand needed to breathe after wearing it for a couple hours but overall a notable upgrade from the Predator glove so I'm happy.

Cool! Well, you know what I mean.
JoeyA

DOA

Registered
I have a glove with full fingers and stopped using it because they tend to fold or wrinkle under your finger tip which is very distracting. You have to keep adjusting your finger tip to get a good feel.

I will be looking into the Kamui glove for sure.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Be aware, I JUST bought one and they either shipped me the wrong size or they are a size small.

Don't know though as there was absolutely no indication on the glove or the packaging of the glove to indicate its size. Kind of pissed me off and now I am debating of even ordering again (gave my wife the other).

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The glove is on ebay for $25.50 shipped .....black or blue.....sizes mentioned......several auctions as buy it now.

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
Molinari,----- $20 and cost me $6 shipped out of NY 2-3 day priority mail. Arrive 5-6 after ordering on line.

Had both side by side own both played with both = SAME GLOVE

Difference :
1} one says Molinari other says Kamui
2} Molinari clear cheep plastic bag - Kamui nice small white box
3} Molinari at least 5 dollars cheeper

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
Molinari,----- $20 and cost me $6 shipped out of NY 2-3 day priority mail. Arrive 5-6 after ordering on line.

Difference :

asamimasa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
_DSC0123 by Robert Asami, on Flickr

_DSC0128 by Robert Asami, on Flickr

_DSC0132 by Robert Asami, on Flickr

Kamui Glove by Robert Asami, on Flickr

Kamui Glove by Robert Asami, on Flickr

I've had the glove for a few weeks, and overall, I think it's a good product. I don't have experience with Molinari gloves, so what applies to those may be overlapping here.

Packaging- Kamui has taken a very premium approach here, and at the prices they're charging, you can't help but expect a little bit of pampering. Very minimalistic aesthetics, with a touch of sophistication with a statement under the product. Doesn't help the product be any better, but you do feel like you've bought something of significance.

Fit- I'm a pretty skinny guy and 5'10", with hands that are by no means large. A medium is what fitted me snugly, so if you've got larger hands, you may have trouble finding anything in Asian sizing that fits you. The glove locks with a velcro strip like Predator gloves, but I can't figure out for what reason the *****ly end is the side you attach to, meaning if it's partially left exposed, you run the risk of lifting thread from the cloth, especially if it's wool cloth.

Features- The glove itself works superbly. I've used no-name gloves, Sir Joseph, Predator, and several of the fingerless Cue-Z/Fingerslide type gloves, and this has the smoothest action of them all to my surprise. The tips of each finger are left open slightly, which is what I desire- when bridging over a ball or in a way that requires pressure on the fingertips, I heavily disliked the full-finger gloves that forced your finger one way or another along the seam at the fingertip. The ventilation does help, but to a limited degree- sweating still occurs, but it doesn't feel like it's been in a sauna after a long session. There is a grip pad at the base of the hand, and if you ever slide your hand onto the table, it'll definitely be a noticeable change in laying down your bridge hand. A good design feature, just takes some getting used to.

One thing I'm a bit concerned about is longevity of this glove. Going in, I imagined it'd be a buy once, cry once sort of deal, but in the ~15hours I've put on it, it doesn't seem like it'll last more than two years with careful use. The porous, ventilated areas are a bit thinner than the rest of the glove, and combined with what I can only assume is slightly exposed velcro contacting it during storage, has already begun pilling ever so slightly. A great product, but for the price, I'm not confident in its longevity. Once this glove kicks the bucket, I'll have to see how well the Molinari stacks up to it.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad I saw the picture.......

Here's a picture of the glove. I've got fairly large hands and the glove is a Large size.

My cue rests right on the left side of my thumbnail. This is the main reason I use a glove because it puts a grove in my thumbnail.

With the thumb cut off it wouldn't work for me but I havn't yet found a glove that works real well for me in over 3 years of using one.

The seam bunches up and keeps giving me a weird feel. Kind of like having the seam from your socks in the wrong place.

I always wear a hole in the thumb after about 1 0r 2 months of playing not to mention the unraveling.

For me the thumb being covered is a must. But that is how I hold the cue.

I might be one in a 100 that holds it like that.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been using the same mollinari glove since February. They are the exact same glove as Kamui. I play every day and it shows no signs of wear. No threads hanging out, not stretched out of any holes. I've had most gloves and none come close to this. They are also in my opinion the most comfortable to wear.

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My cue rests right on the left side of my thumbnail. This is the main reason I use a glove because it puts a grove in my thumbnail.

With the thumb cut off it wouldn't work for me but I havn't yet found a glove that works real well for me in over 3 years of using one.

The seam bunches up and keeps giving me a weird feel. Kind of like having the seam from your socks in the wrong place.

I always wear a hole in the thumb after about 1 0r 2 months of playing not to mention the unraveling.

For me the thumb being covered is a must. But that is how I hold the cue.

I might be one in a 100 that holds it like that.

Sounds like you might need some quality instruction to fix the flaws in your fundamentals. Maybe a lesson with Randy G? :p

MalibuMike

Banned
Photo's of the new Longoni Sultan Billiard Glove!

Now, Kamuii has put their name on it. It's ok. But if you want to try a really awesome glove try the new Longoni Sultan Billiard Glove! Now that's an awesome glove. or even the old Longoni Black Fire Glove beats the new Kamuii Glove. They let your hand breath more and are not as flimsy. Looking forward to the new Tiger Glove. Unlike companies like OB, Predator and Kamuii, Tiger Products out of Burbank, Califonia always comes out with the most original and best products. Not lifted from other companies! Have you seen these new OB Plus Shafts? They are Tiger Shafts! Only they don't play as well. MHO.

It is a little heavier and not as light weight as the glove Kamui is putting their name on, but it's more durable and conforms to your hand more. My favorite new glove!

Plagueis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the kamui glove but I hate how the design that has the finger tips missing. It's a quality product and it feels so much better than the cheaper ones but I can't use a closed bridge because my middle finger is just long enough that too much skin is exposed. The glove only extends to just below the last joint on my finger. If only they made it with closed fingers :(

asamimasa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the kamui glove but I hate how the design that has the finger tips missing. It's a quality product and it feels so much better than the cheaper ones but I can't use a closed bridge because my middle finger is just long enough that too much skin is exposed. The glove only extends to just below the last joint on my finger. If only they made it with closed fingers :(

I actually got mine because it's open fingered. I'm not a fan of bridging over balls or for jumps with the seam, and have been chopping off the tips of gloves in the past.

Unfortunately for you, if it's the case that you have pretty big hands, it may be possible that you may be in the inconvenient situation where it was designed by an Asian company with a sizing scale limited to sizes typical to them. Like when I get clothes overseas, I go from a small to large, and a decent number of folks around me simply fall out of size range.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Difference :

Somebody ripped you off lol I and my friends all have mollinari and they cam in the same box as the Kumai did. Although maybe they decided to forgo the box to save money. I thought the box was a little over kill for a glove any way.

Last edited:

Pleinairrider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The longest lasting glove you can get for your money are nylon/polyester winter glove liners. You'll have to cut off your ring and pinky fingers and the nylon cuff. Cost about 10$ for the pair. You can have Left or Right hand, and it will last forever since the material is thicker.