Kevin Trudeau Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
Karma is great........ He will get " screwed :kma: " as much as he has screwed consumers. This trash is right were he belongs.

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he is a scumbag, lol

ironically though he was the most prolific pool promoter ever and did in fact pay out millions of dollars to players

i really wish i knew his true business plan model behind the ipt....i still suspect it was a legit effort with the intent to profit from off shore betting

further irony imo, Sigel, another not too un-shady character seemed to have actually pulled one over on Trudueau during the ipt escapades, lmfao

truly hillarious stuff and the best pool tournaments ever.....most definetly book worthy

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he is a scumbag, lol

ironically though he was the most prolific pool promoter ever and did in fact pay out millions of dollars to players

i really wish i knew his true business plan model behind the ipt....i still suspect it was a legit effort with the intent to profit from off shore betting

further irony imo, Sigel, another not too un-shady character seemed to have actually pulled one over on Trudueau during the ipt escapades, lmfao

truly hillarious stuff and the best pool tournaments ever.....most definetly book worthy

That is not really true. People like (Like him or not) Barry Berman have given tons to pool over the years. What KT thought he was going to do was be the Walmart of pool. He wanted to come in big, crush every other promoter, make the sport his possession and probably package it and sell it off.

I think he saw it like pro wrestling that he could own and market. What he showed was he had no idea what he was doing. He dumped a bunch of money into a losing idea and then bailed. He could have easily just sat down with some experienced pool promoters like Jay and put together a smart business plan with realistic long term goals. If he had, we would right now have a "REAL" pro tour. KT's problem is, he is so used to bull shi&&ing people he begins to believe his own bull sh&&, he can't tell when he is making mistakes or not. That is why he will be sitting in prison for a long time.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is not really true. People like (Like him or not) Barry Berman have given tons to pool over the years. What KT thought he was going to do was be the Walmart of pool. He wanted to come in big, crush every other promoter, make the sport his possession and probably package it and sell it off.

I think he saw it like pro wrestling that he could own and market. What he showed was he had no idea what he was doing. He dumped a bunch of money into a losing idea and then bailed. He could have easily just sat down with some experienced pool promoters like Jay and put together a smart business plan with realistic long term goals. If he had, we would right now have a "REAL" pro tour. KT's problem is, he is so used to bull shi&&ing people he begins to believe his own bull sh&&, he can't tell when he is making mistakes or not. That is why he will be sitting in prison for a long time.

He knew exactly what he was doing. His goal was online gambling. Unfortunately for him, the laws tightened up right in the middle of the execution of his plan. That's when the funds mysteriously dried up, or rather --- he abandoned the plan.

One thing he did do: He showed that money (or at least, the thought of it) can change the behavior of people. The players were all on their best behavior and looked neat and clean.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He knew exactly what he was doing. His goal was online gambling. Unfortunately for him, the laws tightened up right in the middle of the execution of his plan. That's when the funds mysteriously dried up, or rather --- he abandoned the plan.

One thing he did do: He showed that money (or at least, the thought of it) can change the behavior of people. The players were all on their best behavior and looked neat and clean.

That may be true but is only adds to what I said, he wanted to control the sport for his own purposes. Purposes that proved to be not attainable. Not because he cared about any future for the sport or the players. Like most things he did in his life everything was "high gain and short term". If online gambling on pool was his real plan, that was full of holes from the start and only add to his obvious self delusion.

As far as the players reaction to his ideas, they bought in hook line and sinker. They reacted like any group of desperate people who will follow a dream. It was not their fault, even a long shot was better then nothing. Most quietly thought all the big promises he laid out at those big meetings were hard to believe I am sure. There were a few though who actually believed they were going to become rich, be doing commercials, even be in movies and on TV. I talked to a few and they were really hurt.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That may be true but is only adds to what I said, he wanted to control the sport for his own purposes. Purposes that proved to be not attainable. Not because he cared about any future for the sport or the players. Like most things he did in his life everything was "high gain and short term". If online gambling on pool was his real plan, that was full of holes from the start and only add to his obvious self delusion.

As far as the players reaction to his ideas, they bought in hook line and sinker. They reacted like any group of desperate people who will follow a dream. It was not their fault, even a long shot was better then nothing. Most quietly thought all the big promises he laid out at those big meetings were hard to believe I am sure. There were a few though who actually believed they were going to become rich, be doing commercials, even be in movies and on TV. I talked to a few and they were really hurt.

I don't think his plan was as 'full of holes' as you think. He was a slick operator.

As far as players dressing up and behaving well: The women understood the importance of that a long time ago, and they did it without the enticement of money. They understood that by looking good you would draw more positive attention and potential sponsors --- and they did manage to get a consistent tour for 15 years before the industry fell apart.

Where as the men want to see the money before they'll put on a suit.

Last edited:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This 10 year sentence was for contempt.

Jeff Livingston
It just goes to show how he thinks. He may have gotten out of this but he is so delusional he can't see where things are going. I am sure he listens to no one. In the past his failures just fell on others as he slipped away unscathed, this time through his own doings it fell on him.

He is where he belongs regardless how he got there. You can't win dealing with a person like him. Many believed that way back in the IPT days. Things had to turn out like they did, it was inevitable.

so·ci·o·path
Show Spelled [soh-see-uh-path, soh-shee-]
noun Psychiatry.
a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nobody could have accounted for the nation wide online gambling ban, that was total bs

IF.....the true motive was to dominate pool, I don't really see a problem with that in the spirit of free enterprise

so much bitterness towards here from people like macguy towards the man who paid out millions

too bad

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
It just goes to show how he thinks. He may have gotten out of this but he is so delusional he can't see where things are going. I am sure he listens to no one. In the past his failures just fell on others as he slipped away unscathed, this time through his own doings it fell on him.

He is where he belongs regardless how he got there. You can't win dealing with a person like him. Many believed that way back in the IPT days. Things had to turn out like they did, it was inevitable.

so·ci·o·path
Show Spelled [soh-see-uh-path, soh-shee-]
noun Psychiatry.
a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

I don't see how his being imprisoned, where we are now paying for all of his living expenses, helps anyone but the prison industry. Wouldn't it have better been the focus of the court to have him repay any victims, rather than put him in jail for not doing that? Now we're stuck shelling out more money to his care!

But, I'm sitting out here in the cheap seats without much of a view.

Jeff Livingston

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats strange i read this thread and turned on the tv and guess what there is one of his infomercial on how to get free money
i dont know why the still show these things but it was on

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see how his being imprisoned, where we are now paying for all of his living expenses, helps anyone but the prison industry. Wouldn't it have better been the focus of the court to have him repay any victims, rather than put him in jail for not doing that? Now we're stuck shelling out more money to his care!

But, I'm sitting out here in the cheap seats without much of a view.

Jeff Livingston

The people that bought his books are so clueless, most dont even know they were cheated. What the people really lost was the hope they had that some of this crap was real and they would benefit. Besides if he wont pay a fine to stay out of 10 years in jail, so why would he pay back his 'victims'?

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justice

It's events like this that make me believe in the American justice system.