Kielwood shaft the way to go?

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried one a guy brought to the room- just another choice - pool has now become an endless onslaught of the latest and greatest- just like golf- makes you wonder how Mosconi and Arnold Palmer ever did it? We know the answer don't we? Next they will be roasting cue butts:)

• Haha
Reactions: bbb

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ordered a Hsunami 2.0 shaft for my Tascarella, asked for it to be 3.6 - 4.0 oz. I have tried a few CF shaft and did not care for the hit.
I tried one a guy brought to the room- just another choice - pool has now become an endless onslaught of the latest and greatest- just like golf- makes you wonder how Mosconi and Arnold Palmer ever did it? We know the answer don't we? Next they will be roasting cue butts:)
Legend has it that Arnie was a massive tinkerer and was famous for trying new equipment.

dendweller

I looked at one a month or two ago. Hit real nice but I wasn't a fan of the finish, like, too much finish.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Base price for these things are 450 bucks.
May as well get a carbon fiber and be done with it.
No warping, no dings etc. etc.

I tried one a guy brought to the room- just another choice - pool has now become an endless onslaught of the latest and greatest- just like golf- makes you wonder how Mosconi and Arnold Palmer ever did it? We know the answer don't we? Next they will be roasting cue
I looked at one a month or two ago. Hit real nice but I wasn't a fan of the finish, like, too much finish.
What do you mean to much finish. the color has nothing to do with the finish if that’s what you are talking about ?

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ordered a Hsunami 2.0 shaft for my Tascarella, asked for it to be 3.6 - 4.0 oz. I have tried a few CF shaft and did not care for the hit.

Legend has it that Arnie was a massive tinkerer and was famous for trying new equipment.
Funny but my first set of clubs were the Arnold Palmer Golden Standard- they were very basic clubs - nothing revolutionary.

Funny but my first set of clubs were the Arnold Palmer Golden Standard- they were very basic clubs - nothing revolutionary.
I’ve been in a golf testing facility. It’s secretive huge bushes you can’t see what’s going on and the balls are hit by robots and players indoors and the wall opens up so they can hit out on the testing field. They are constantly getting new golf balls and clubs. The place runs full time. I guess no one is ever suppose to experiment with new cues and shafts.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve been in a golf testing facility. It’s secretive huge bushes you can’t see what’s going on and the balls are hit by robots and players indoors and the wall opens up so they can hit out on the testing field. They are constantly getting new golf balls and clubs. The place runs full time. I guess no one is ever suppose to experiment with new cues and shafts.
Yes they are! It is marketing - fine with me / I just don’t buy into 90% of it - I spend my time Trying to get it all correct for me with really good time proven equipment / It is all good - don’t Mis understand me / great for keeping money in the sport for those that make a living off it!

Yes they are! It is marketing - fine with me / I just don’t buy into 90% of it - I spend my time Trying to get it all correct for me with really good time proven equipment / It is all good - don’t Mis understand me / great for keeping money in the sport for those that make a living off it!
If a ball or club isn’t better they don’t release it. I have found what I like and stick with it and it isn’t carbon fiber. I tried just wasn’t for me

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicholas transitioned to stainless steel drivers and woods. They didn't stick with wood drivers for a reason. If they were playing today, they certainly would be using carbon fiber shafts and titanium faceplate.

Last edited:

dendweller

What do you mean to much finish. the color has nothing to do with the finish if that’s what you are talking about
Like a gloss finish was put on the shaft, felt a little tacky. Not talking about the color.

I saw a review on youtube, pooladdiction I think, where he mentions that same thing.

dendweller

Carbon shafts can warp. I have seen one
I bought one that was sold as never used. Had a gouge just below the ferrule. Did a close up picture with my phone, it really was a gouge.

Someone wrote on az that while they are resistant to dings, they gouge just fine on something sharp enough. I'm no cf expert but that seems to true in my experience.

If a ball or club isn’t better they don’t release it. I have found what I like and stick with it and it isn’t carbon fiber. I tried just wasn’t for me
Like a gloss finish was put on the shaft, felt a little tacky. Not talking about the color.

I saw a review on youtube, pooladdiction I think, where he mentions that same thing.
i wonder what brand ?

ACL

I only have to wait 3 months to see if this Hsunami shaft is any good.
Ha ha!

Custom spec sent, same dimensions as 2004 Z shaft, conical taper.

In the meantime I got some Archos II balls. Best set I have played with.
Got a Aramith carry case, so no more crappy ball sets for me when I am out now.

I see a few people here went with a longer shaft to compensate for weight...
Waste of time I think, makes no difference for 1 inch.
Balance point basically the same as well.

I also ordered it with same tip as what I have on my 2004 Gen1 Z shaft.
Got to see like for like first before making more variable changes.
You are going to LOVE it! I got the original back in the fall and it is by far the best shaft I have ever used. I ordered the new Hsunami 2.0 in January a few days before their release so I am hoping to see it in the next week or so.

Did you order the original or the 2.0?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You are going to LOVE it! I got the original back in the fall and it is by far the best shaft I have ever used. I ordered the new Hsunami 2.0 in January a few days before their release so I am hoping to see it in the next week or so.

Did you order the original or the 2.0?
so its a 4 month wait time?