Klein Quilted Bubinga

Birdseye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi fellow cue enthusiasts,

I picked up this Steve Klein cue from IndyQ a few weeks ago (great transaction, thanks Roy) and thought that I would share a review since I was so impressed by the cue. It is basic but beautiful design. Quilted Bubinga with points up and down of ebony, recut with bubinga, recut again with ebony. each point is tipped with ebony clover centered with MOP dots. Diamonds of MOP in base of each point. Bubinga rings at all spots. Nice textured black leather wrap. Wrap is not "seamless", but damn near; nicely done. Ivory ferrules, padded layered tips. Joint is flat faced with 3/8 pin, solid ivory (or thick sleeve to some) to wood shaft. Excellent craftsmanship. I wish my camera and photo skills were good enough to do this beautiful quilted bubunga wood and cue justice but, not. My shitty pics will have to do.

The cue plays great, a little forward balanced, shafts smooth as glass yet still have that natural wood feel when stroked. I like.

100_1202.jpg
100_1204.jpg
100_1205.jpg
100_1207.jpg
100_1208.jpg

cutter

Steve Klein Custom Cues
Silver Member
Klein

Glad you like the cue. Hadn't seen it in a while. From back in my remachined point days. Wrap is from the un skived era. Probably one of the first ten leather wraps I ever did. Long before the wrap jig generation.
Enjoy!

Birdseye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad you like the cue. Hadn't seen it in a while. From back in my remachined point days. Wrap is from the un skived era. Probably one of the first ten leather wraps I ever did. Long before the wrap jig generation.
Enjoy!

Thanks for chiming in Steve. It's nice to hear from the cuemaker. You make a great cue. I like the feel of mine. What year did you make this cue? Forgive my ignorance, but what does "skived" mean? I like the cue butt design in your avatar. Can you throw up a pic of the whole cue?

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's a beautiful looking cue! Steve's work is getting more and more impressive.

Martin