Know of any places with Russian Pyramid game tables?

Sofla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm familiar with most pool halls in my part of the state, and none have that 12 foot super tight pocket table.

I'm just finding out about the game, and I'd like to play it or watch some people play it. I've only seen Earl on YouTube so far.

Are they any around where you are, or that you know of elsewhere? I travel sometimes, so maybe I could work out a stop over where it may be.

Does Hemingway's have one, for instance?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
There are some on the west coast....LA to Frisco...AZ search should bring up a thread.

I have played on one in Toronto...set up in the back of a Russian-owned billiard supply.

The size and weight of the balls are brutal..I would not use my own cues at the game.
They gave me a 23 oz. cue...about 64 inches long...:eek:
I felt they should use a SHORTER cue...like carombole...'cause a shorter cue has a much stronger hit.

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sofla, for this you have to agree with me for the next 12 months on NPR :rolleyes:

Lucky Pocket Billiards in Hollywood Florida has what you seek.

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• lucky3.jpg
    lucky3.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 243

crazysnake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm familiar with most pool halls in my part of the state, and none have that 12 foot super tight pocket table.

I'm just finding out about the game, and I'd like to play it or watch some people play it. I've only seen Earl on YouTube so far.

Are they any around where you are, or that you know of elsewhere? I travel sometimes, so maybe I could work out a stop over where it may be.

Does Hemingway's have one, for instance?
There's a room in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Gary G

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Russian pyramid billiards

Yes we had one in Ft pierce Fl. at ultimate
billiards but when we closed like eveything else it sold
and it went up north (i think near the Boston area).
Good luck in your search and if you find a table to
play on take some asprin1st because you'll have a
headache before you finish playing (it's very difficult
to pocket balls). Good luck n enjoy :thumbup: