Korr beats Ko 1st Round

How did that work out for them ...... Karen plays great pool she's capable of cashing for sure ,, millions -1 on winning just to many monsters she would have to beat to win

we all know Karen won't win tournament but let's not piss in her cheerios.....she beat a great player and has to beat several more great players......her win is upset of the tournament and makes no difference what kind of upsets happen from here....hers will be biggest by a mile

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a sport where woman are equally capable of the same level of play as the men. There is nothing that needs to happen on a table that a woman can't physically perform as well as a man..

nothing could be further from the truth, do your research

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a sport where woman are equally capable of the same level of play as the men. There is nothing that needs to happen on a table that a woman can't physically perform as well as a man. I see the only reason you don't see more women playing at the level of the top men is that far more men play than woman, at least at every pool hall I've ever been to. Karen plays as well as most men I've seen play. The only reason you don't give her credit for being a monster is that she is a women. She would steal your lunch money all day and all night. There will be a time when there are a lot more woman playing "pro" level pool.

^^^ :thumbup:

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
we all know Karen won't win tournament but let's not piss in her cheerios.....she beat a great player and has to beat several more great players......her win is upset of the tournament and makes no difference what kind of upsets happen from here....hers will be biggest by a mile

Well, the deck is also stacked against her.
We all ALSO know that if she has a good run and gets close, all the hillbillies at the tournament sitting in the stands are going to shark the daylights out of her so a man can win.

This IS the U.S. OPEN we are talking about. Right?!?!
Let's at least be realistic about what goes on there. :D

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what does Ko have to do to improve? He is obviously struggling overseas. Will he ever win another world championship? ;)

Variance

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
You know A LOT of people just went down the toilet betting according to Fargo on this match. LOL :D

Ratings be damned...that's why we play the games.

You guys seem to act like Fargo is claiming they guarantee who will win every time. It doesn't make that claim at all. It just says who will win what percentage of the time. If Fargo said Corr was favored to win this match up 2 out of 10 times (or whatever it says, didn't look it up) then it doesn't make Fargo wrong since Corr won. Fargo essentially already said Corr would win sometimes, and this was one of those 2 (or whatever) out of 10 times that it said she would win.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
You guys seem to act like Fargo is claiming they guarantee who will win every time. It doesn't make that claim at all. It just says who will win what percentage of the time. If Fargo said Corr was favored to win this match up 2 out of 10 times (or whatever it says, didn't look it up) then it doesn't make Fargo wrong since Corr won. Fargo essentially already said Corr would win sometimes, and this was one of those 2 (or whatever) out of 10 times that it said she would win.

I don't believe i claimed anything in my post.
And you are absolutely right about it being about who is favored, etc etc.
That doesn't stop "zealots" from taking fargo a little too literally for their own good.
That's what my post was about. Lots of people thinking one thing being an absolute certainty, when it's not.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do I have to research? I play this game well and know physically what needs to happen on a table. What aspect of this game do you think that a man, just by virtue of being a man, has the distinct physical advantage?

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well..,

Karen doesn't HAVE to lose against anybody. Her and Hatch played, oh, maybe 20 times. If she doesn't have a winning record over Hatch, it's very close.

Hatch is no Ko. Karen gets the 7ball from Ko for the Cash. Good win for her, but she didn't come to beat Ko, she came to win the tournament.

Ko didn't come to go undefeated, he came to win the tournament.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I don't believe i claimed anything in my post.
And you are absolutely right about it being about who is favored, etc etc.
That doesn't stop "zealots" from taking fargo a little too literally for their own good.
That's what my post was about. Lots of people thinking one thing being an absolute certainty, when it's not.

Making fun of Fargo when the player that wasn't favored win the match does win insinuates that you believe Fargo is trying to guarantee who will win. I can also see the type of response you gave as one that sarcastically makes fun of others who see Fargo as always being able to predict who will win a match, except that I haven't seen anybody who has said or even inferred that. At most all I have seen is people who say it is very accurate, or at least more accurate than most people would be. Maybe I've missed some claims somewhere and there are people who believe it is supposed to always get the winner of a match right...

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes, and thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
KAREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:happydance::dance::clapping::bow-down::wave:

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
....she didn't come to beat Ko, she came to win the tournament.

Ko didn't come to go undefeated, he came to win the tournament.

it'd be ironic if they went to the finals. Ko should sweep the losers' side. all Karen has to do is beat Shane.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Making fun of Fargo when the player that wasn't favored win the match does win insinuates that you believe Fargo is trying to guarantee who will win. I can also see the type of response you gave as one that sarcastically makes fun of others who see Fargo as always being able to predict who will win a match, except that I haven't seen anybody who has said or even inferred that. At most all I have seen is people who say it is very accurate, or at least more accurate than most people would be. Maybe I've missed some claims somewhere and there are people who believe it is supposed to always get the winner of a match right...

Are you a paid shill?
Do you get a % or something?
Certainly get all hype about anything Fargo, that's for sure.

Just because it's not blasted on the forums, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There other forms of social media and communication you know.
There are plenty of people who feel that Fargo has simplified handicapping for their betting, which is totally naive IMO.
I can poke fun at that all i want.
They know who they are.

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wait a second guys. She's not allowed to win and this win means nothing cause it wasn't a race to 100.

Where are the usual suspects screaming VARIANCE! :eek:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Great win for Karen.

I hope she keeps it going.

Haha
Where is hang the 9 corvette etc ?

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Haha
Where is hang the 9 corvette etc ?

If you'd actually read the entire thread and understand the subject matter, you'd know that I've already responded and that Karen winning is the strongest supporter for the entire short race variance argument that can possibly be made.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What would the world do?

it'd be ironic if they went to the finals. Ko should sweep the losers' side. all Karen has to do is beat Shane.

I was hoping for Josh Roberts, Jeffery Ignacio finials, both guys are friends of mine, but Karen and Ko in the finials would really be funny...,

I don't think the Internet could handle all the traffic!

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
I was hoping for Josh Roberts, Jeffery Ignacio finials, both guys are friends of mine, but Karen and Ko in the finials would really be funny...,

I don't think the Internet could handle all the traffic!

And then someone takes off their Karen mask and it turns out to be none other than SVB! Oh the scandal!