L.A. Pool scene on Dec 12-14th?

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Any Pool tourneys in the Los Angeles/ Orange County area on Dec 12-14th?

I'm gonna be in town and was wondering if there were any weekly tourneys or room recommendations that have something going on, for those dates?

Thanks,

Eric

fast&loose designs

Chris Santana
Silver Member
Hard Times Bellflower has 2 9 ball tournaments every week. One is every Thursday at 8pm. It's handicapped, ball weight. D.E. $12.

The other is every Sunday, 9 ball, D.E., open tournament. $20. Starts at noon.

It's in Bellflower, right in between LA and OC.

yelvis111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny K's in Orange has handicapped 9 ball tournaments on Wednesday and Thursday. I've never actually played in this tournament (I live up in West LA and school-night trips down to the OC can take a loooooong time) so you should call Danny K's or PM AZ member Zirroe for more details.

Ratings in the HT tournament start at 5 (APA 3, "D" player) and top off at 15 (touring pro). Their cutoff for "B" players is 10.

House of Billiards in Santa Monica is the other major, "players" room in the greater Los Angeles area. No tournaments at HOB, but there's plenty of one-pocket action.

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Any Pool tourneys in the Los Angeles/ Orange County area on Dec 12-14th?

I'm gonna be in town and was wondering if there were any weekly tourneys or room recommendations that have something going on, for those dates?

Thanks,

Eric

Feel free to hollar at me if you'd like to stop my shop in Pasadena for lunch.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Thanks for the replies, so far.

I love Hard Times, I usually stop in.

Danny K's on Wed might be my best bet (due to my schedule).

Corey, how does lunch on Wed work out for you? (you pick, I buy)

Eric

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Looks like Hard Times on Wed nite, for me. I won't be able to get to the weekly tourney's by start time.

Thank again for the replies!

Eric

yelvis111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like Hard Times on Wed nite, for me. I won't be able to get to the weekly tourney's by start time.

Thank again for the replies!

Eric

Just so you're clear, you mean Danny K's on Wed nite OR Hard Times on Thurs nite right?

Taek

Last edited:

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Just so you're clear, you mean Danny K's on Wed nite OR Hard Times on Thurs nite right?

Taek

I shoulda said Danny K's. There is no way I'm gonna make it down to the OC by start time.

Then again, killing Wed nite at Hard Times aint so bad either.

Eric