Lake City-Gainsville, FL

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
I will be up that way for work. Are there any weekly tournaments in the area, and where is the best place to play?
 
I will be up that way for work. Are there any weekly tournaments in the area, and where is the best place to play?

Check out "The Art of Billiards" in Gainesville and also Panama Joes, The Dugout and up near Alachula a little bar called Spin Drifters.

There are some strong players in the Gainesville area, PM me if you want a couple of people to play against.
 
I just wanted to post a little update to this. I took dr9ball's advice and checked out "The Art of Billiards". WOW!!! What an awesome room, and possibly the nicest I have ever been in. I was there right as the place opened on a week day so there were not a lot of people. They take tip top care of the equiptment. They even asked me not to put the ball holder on the table when walked over to play. I certainly respect and appreciate the attention to detail. The cloth, tables, and atmosphere were absolutely perfect! The owner approached me and asked me if I was new in town and I said I was just passing through to my final destination later that night in Lake City. We talked for a bit and he told me about a good open tournament that they had that night at a place called Pockets. He gave me directions and I showed up and played. The folks at Pockets were very nice for me being an outsider. Beer was cheap, cold and good! I ended up getting second in the tournament to earn a little spending money. If any of you read this that I ran into along the way, I appreciate the hospitality and would be happy to reciprocate if you are ever in the West Palm Beach area.
 
Yup art of billiards is a first class room and way beyond any i've ever been in.
 
Back
Top