Latest and Greatest in finally stepping up!

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I played that guy again this week race to five for $20, and for some reason I couldn't string 3 balls together last night!

We were playing straight up this time, and I don't know what was getting into me. Finally after about the 3rd game I finally decided to show up!

I made a pretty easy jump shot, and my confidence came to me and I started playing some good safes for some wins.

It started out 2 - 0 him. Then 2 - 1, then 3 - 2, then 3 - 4 and then we were hill/hill!

On the final game I really showed up cause he broke made the 5 on the break and pocketed the 1 and 2. Missed on the 3.

I stepped up and cleared the table with a sigh of relief!

He didn't want to play anymore last night, but I now have about 3 other people that want to start playing me for money. Only one is a hustler, and I don't want to get hustled out of money. So I will steer clear of him!

Anyway, this has been good practice for me, and I hope tomorrow at Fast Eddies it will allow me to calm down and just play my game!

I even shot in a local tournament this Monday and placed 5th in it.

So I guess I am starting to get a little experience under my belt. Every little bit helps right?

You all have a great weekend!
 
play them all

You know the hustler and you know his game so you can play them all. Stick with making a game you like and sooner or later he will play you. Hustlers were my bread and butter for years. Other players, we just played for a few dollars, no big deal and nobody got hurt. Hustlers were always overconfident and trying to set up a big score and I often clipped them pretty good, usually playing them on their money that they had let me win while setting me up for the kill! :D :D :D

Hu


txplshrk said:
Well I played that guy again this week race to five for $20, and for some reason I couldn't string 3 balls together last night!

We were playing straight up this time, and I don't know what was getting into me. Finally after about the 3rd game I finally decided to show up!

I made a pretty easy jump shot, and my confidence came to me and I started playing some good safes for some wins.

It started out 2 - 0 him. Then 2 - 1, then 3 - 2, then 3 - 4 and then we were hill/hill!

On the final game I really showed up cause he broke made the 5 on the break and pocketed the 1 and 2. Missed on the 3.

I stepped up and cleared the table with a sigh of relief!

He didn't want to play anymore last night, but I now have about 3 other people that want to start playing me for money. Only one is a hustler, and I don't want to get hustled out of money. So I will steer clear of him!

Anyway, this has been good practice for me, and I hope tomorrow at Fast Eddies it will allow me to calm down and just play my game!

I even shot in a local tournament this Monday and placed 5th in it.

So I guess I am starting to get a little experience under my belt. Every little bit helps right?

You all have a great weekend!
 
A few weeks ago I played for cash for the first time. 5 racks, $20 a rack. I think we played 3 sets or so then the bet went to $50 a rack then one rack for $100. At the time I was thinking I must be out of my mind, the fact someone was backing me made it worse IMO. Considering I was nervous I played pretty well.

Since then I've noticed I don't feel so tense in tournies. Hell, I've even had two wins & a 3rd place since then! Gambling is not something I plan on doing a lot of but I do think it helped me play better under pressure.
 
Back
Top