Laurie Franklin (Southwest Cues) just called....

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations! I play with an 87 Franklin. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtvictim

Ignore the entitled they haven't earned respect
I saw Laurie just before covid to authenticate an early David made SW.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sweet, enjoy the cue, but take time out from shooting to post some pictures!
I just got a satin and I am loving it.

i just checked, I’m at 11 years and 5 months so I have a bit to go, good thing I got the satin!

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well I am on list for Southwest, might sell my Spot/cue for Right profit, if someone is interested. Other wise it will be Merrow Widow SouthWest BEM, with Cocobolo ring.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
congrats on your new cue
let us know how it plays and looks

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Well I am on list for Southwest, might sell my Spot/cue for Right profit, if someone is interested. Other wise it will be Merrow Widow SouthWest BEM, with Cocobolo ring.
I was under the impression that they only make pointed cues now. They don't accept any orders for Merry Widows. If I am wrong please do say so, as I am a bigger fan of widow cues than pointed cues.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I owned a couple SW cues back in the 90s (the quality was really excellent/worth the wait), but sold them when the first LD Predators came out. I wonder, if his latest ones play any different (reduced squirt)?

chuckg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a Jerry made cue,goncola alves and pau farro with fancy rings.I got it used when prices were not so crazy for such a plain cue. Try as I might I never really cared for feel of the legendary SW hit.Just my 2 cents.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a Jerry made cue,goncola alves and pau farro with fancy rings.I got it used when prices were not so crazy for such a plain cue. Try as I might I never really cared for feel of the legendary SW hit.Just my 2 cents.
I have never owned one, but have hit with several.

I never felt anything “special” about the way they played, but they are really well made.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
If you play with it...congratulations. This places you in a special minority, since most decide to make a profit.

dirtvictim

Ignore the entitled they haven't earned respect
I am stumped at how the prices have gone out of control. I bought my first pre date 6 point 2 veneer in I think 1982 from Jerry personally in Chicago through John Wright, I paid 275.00. I believe they had a falling out later on due to John. John sold a million cues, ok maybe not that many but he was well known. It was cool to meet Jerry and I always enjoyed the feel of the hit on those and did have several over the years but never sold one over 1,000.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It might take another 15 years to actually receive it from the USPS the way the mail is moving this season- I just received one package today postmarked DEC. 17!

J Soto

The NON-Myth
Silver Member
Over 15 years to get a cue! I know their waiting list is long, but I don’t even know if I’ll be alive in 15 years.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well I am a 10/06 List Date, could hear late 2021, or early 2022? Long wait, and last time I hear from Ms. Franklin she was training new people to build, apprently some move on. Of old crew.

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Over 15 years to get a cue! I know their waiting list is long, but I don’t even know if I’ll be alive in 15 years.

You can bequeathed your spot in trust to your loved ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No problem, in the unfortunate case of your premature demise, you are out nothing, no deposit required.
Stay healthy my friend.