Learning to stroke straighter "THE BLADE" STEVIE MOORE

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been on a mission to really giving myself the best possible stroke that I could. CTE/Pro One has allowed me to consciously make the adjustments needed to make this happen. The first time I used the system I knew it was the tool I needed to help improve my stroke, my playing ability and also my confidence. One thing about the system i had trouble with in the beginning was the longer shots because I had a tendency to swipe the cue ball at harder speeds but I had no idea this was happening until I did the just cue it core X drill # 2. Since then it's been on. Using Pro One has allowed me to correct the flaw that was in my stroke consciously making the correct adjustments. now, I am able to purposely swipe the ball on the left side the right side and deliver the cue straight down the middle at will. I would have never been able to correct this things using ghostball or contacts point because my brain had been programmed to see a flawed shot picture and I'm sure I would've given up on the task.

CTE / Pro One gets you so close to the shot picture that once you have established a straight stroke you learn to rotate around the left side side of the cue ball to the center for a left pro one pivot or rotate around the right side of the cue ball to center for a right pro one pivot.

Most people that I've worked with cant even perceive the verticals axis of the cue ball correctly. More times than not they are on the outside of the verticals axis. Right handers on the left side of the verticle axis. Left handlers on right side of the verticals axis. This will cause a swiping motion. Which is why I think TOI is becoming popular with a lot of people. It gets them to go through the center better. I'm sure left cuts for right handers aren't that big of an issue using the technique because most of them are already there so they've already got that shot picture. But when they have a right cut they would have a tendency to applying outside spin because of they're misperception of the verticle axis of the cue ball. And just the opposite for left handers. Although I could be wrong.

I've always played mostly center cue ball but knew I couldn't do many things with my cue ball that most of my fellow competitors could. Johnny, Efren, Jose, Alex, Ralf just to name a few. Since applying CTE /Pro One I know now that they have NOTHING ON ME except more time of playing with a straighter stroke.

Best of luck in all you do!

Stevie " BLADE" Moore

HOMETOWN

Spartanburg SC

TITLES

Over 100 Southeast Regional Titles
1995 World Bar Table Champion
7 Time Seminole 10 Ball Pro Tour Champion
2007 Derby City Bank Champion
2008 Steve Mizerak Champion
2009 US Bar Table 8 Ball Champion
2009&2010 NYC Champion
2010 Turning Stone XVl Runner Up
2011 New England Hall of Fame Champion
2012 US Bar Table 10 Ball Runner Up
2012 Derby City 9 Ball Runner Up
2012 Derby City Fat Boy 10 Ball Challenge Runner Up
2012 Players Championship Runner Up

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stevie, I got the CTE/Pro One DVD a little over a week ago and have been working on it at least two hours per day. If you can think back to when you were first introduced to this aiming concept, I'm wondering if there was anything you struggled with and if so, what were the visual/mental breakthroughs you made to overcome those challenges?

I've spoken with Stan on the phone several times, he's been extremely gracious, helpful and patient. Got a lesson this coming Thursday, going to spend some time with Stan just prior to heading on to DCC. Looking forward to both.

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stevie, I got the CTE/Pro One DVD a little over a week ago and have been working on it at least two hours per day. If you can think back to when you were first introduced to this aiming concept, I'm wondering if there was anything you struggled with and if so, what were the visual/mental breakthroughs you made to overcome those challenges?

I've spoken with Stan on the phone several times, he's been extremely gracious, helpful and patient. Got a lesson this coming Thursday, going to spend some time with Stan just prior to heading on to DCC. Looking forward to both.

There will be a learning curve. Depends on the individual i suppose. Using CTE/ Pro One you begin to have better guidance to the shot. I do anyway. Once I began to trust it and realize that I would have a learning curve. I just kept doing the drills and working on my stroke. It is still a learning process only now I'm in the stages of learning how to apply spin more efficiently. :) it's still giving me ah ha moments.

TrickPony

Registered
Need some help, you know me from way back1

Stevie, Love to get a few sessions with you before Smokey Mountain Shootout. 864-431-4495.

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stevie, Love to get a few sessions with you before Smokey Mountain Shootout. 864-431-4495.

I'm in Vegas at the moment for bonusball. As sure as I make it back home we can make that happen. GL

Thank you for your interest

whitewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been on a mission to really giving myself the best possible stroke that I could. CTE/Pro One has allowed me to consciously make the adjustments needed to make this happen. The first time I used the system I knew it was the tool I needed to help improve my stroke, my playing ability and also my confidence. One thing about the system i had trouble with in the beginning was the longer shots because I had a tendency to swipe the cue ball at harder speeds but I had no idea this was happening until I did the just cue it core X drill # 2. Since then it's been on. Using Pro One has allowed me to correct the flaw that was in my stroke consciously making the correct adjustments. now, I am able to purposely swipe the ball on the left side the right side and deliver the cue straight down the middle at will. I would have never been able to correct this things using ghostball or contacts point because my brain had been programmed to see a flawed shot picture and I'm sure I would've given up on the task.

CTE / Pro One gets you so close to the shot picture that once you have established a straight stroke you learn to rotate around the left side side of the cue ball to the center for a left pro one pivot or rotate around the right side of the cue ball to center for a right pro one pivot.

Most people that I've worked with cant even perceive the verticals axis of the cue ball correctly. More times than not they are on the outside of the verticals axis. Right handers on the left side of the verticle axis. Left handlers on right side of the verticals axis. This will cause a swiping motion. Which is why I think TOI is becoming popular with a lot of people. It gets them to go through the center better. I'm sure left cuts for right handers aren't that big of an issue using the technique because most of them are already there so they've already got that shot picture. But when they have a right cut they would have a tendency to applying outside spin because of they're misperception of the verticle axis of the cue ball. And just the opposite for left handers. Although I could be wrong.

I've always played mostly center cue ball but knew I couldn't do many things with my cue ball that most of my fellow competitors could. Johnny, Efren, Jose, Alex, Ralf just to name a few. Since applying CTE /Pro One I know now that they have NOTHING ON ME except more time of playing with a straighter stroke.

Best of luck in all you do!

Stevie " BLADE" Moore

HOMETOWN

Spartanburg SC

TITLES

Over 100 Southeast Regional Titles
1995 World Bar Table Champion
7 Time Seminole 10 Ball Pro Tour Champion
2007 Derby City Bank Champion
2008 Steve Mizerak Champion
2009 US Bar Table 8 Ball Champion
2009&2010 NYC Champion
2010 Turning Stone XVl Runner Up
2011 New England Hall of Fame Champion
2012 US Bar Table 10 Ball Runner Up
2012 Derby City 9 Ball Runner Up
2012 Derby City Fat Boy 10 Ball Challenge Runner Up
2012 Players Championship Runner Up

With all due respect, this thread should have been posted in the Aiming Forum, not in the main forum.

Where are AZ Moderators?!!!:mad:

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There will be a learning curve. Depends on the individual i suppose. Using CTE/ Pro One you begin to have better guidance to the shot. I do anyway. Once I began to trust it and realize that I would have a learning curve. I just kept doing the drills and working on my stroke. It is still a learning process only now I'm in the stages of learning how to apply spin more efficiently. :) it's still giving me ah ha moments.

Stevie, I get the trust part. I've started doing a lot of the practice by simply moving into the center CB and stroking the shot without ever looking at the OB to prove to myself Pro One is working and I'm not subconsciously altering my aim line to make the shot. As I started seeing those shots go in, I was frankly rather amazed. How could this be happening? LOL

Watching the DVD, I notice Stan and his Son tend to get their visuals standing up. I noticed you typically bend over to get your visual and then move in. Perhaps that is because they've had more time to work with the system or it could simply be a style thing. Can you comment on that?

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Since PJ is unlikely to come back after two years, for all practical purposes that two year ban might as well be changed into a permanent ban.

Since other posters on AZB have been allowed to return after equally egregious behavior, I'd like to suggest that the moderators consider commuting PJ's sentence to a 6-month ban. Either that or ban him permanently.

He's been back after all his prior bans... do you know something we don't??

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With all due respect, what does this thread have to do with PJ? The Mods decided to bury him in exile, may he RIP. For the record, while I've never met PJ or communicated with him in any way, I found he provided a ton of great content here. I also haven't been here that long and can see there is a long history. Further, he was given a clear ultimatum in a thread by Mr. Wilson and he immediately chose to show his defiance. The way I look at it, given how it went down at the end, PJ absolutely chose his fate. Too bad but it is what it is, time to move on.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
do you beleive it is
1) possible
2) you could
teach someone to have a straighter stroke withiout that person learning cte/pro one??

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
do you beleive it is
1) possible
2) you could
teach someone to have a straighter stroke withiout that person learning cte/pro one??

I can definitely teach straight stroke without teaching CTE. Just dont see any reason why i would being that this technique has allowed me to have the confidence and objectivity that Ive needed to begin to play my best.

Thing is most people are not willing to give up hours, days, weeks or maybe even months to learn Pro One. Most want it to be better than what they were doing immediately. This technique is a professional approach that most cant get because they have way to much movement moving into the shot. Pros have made these movements very precise and thats something Pro One will help a player do. Minimize movement.

RShellhouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cue it core X drill # 2

Please explain.... I know not of what you speak

I have the CD but no drills...

Rick

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cue it core X drill # 2

Please explain.... I know not of what you speak

I have the CD but no drills...

Rick

The X drill-

Ring binder reinforcer dots positioned at diamond two from head rail at every diamond up to four diamonds away to end rail set with a laser level. Corner pocket to corner pocket. Caddy cornered. Hope this makes sense

RShellhouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorta like this?

xdrill.jpg

R

kanecalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hey Stevie,

How long have you been working with Pro One? Approx. how many hours a week do you practice using it?

Do you ever make it up to Canada?

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
This learning curve is really trail and error which is why you can learn to stroke straight using any system. There is nothing special about any system that will enable you to stroke straighter. You can learn to stroke just a s straight with ghost ball, DD, fractional and so on.

However, the arrow gives you a real world point to stroke too. Something you can see with your eyes, touch with your hands.

With a center ball stroke, you just push the cue tip straight to the point of the arrow. You stroke to the point of the arrow and as such that is where the cb goes.

To really learn to stroke straight, do what I call the "Is everything straight drill" place a OB say 1.5 diamond off the end rail and 1 diamond over from the side rail. Place the CB say 2-3 inches behind the OB such that you are shooting the OB straight to the far end of the table. Now do a CB stun shot. The goal is to have the CB stop dead, the OB go to the end rail and back and hits the CB dead center. When you can do this, you are hitting center ball and stroking straight, ie everything is straight. Then start moving the CB back from the OB and repeat.

This drill is tough.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Well,

If you re serious with your student and detect flaws/issues which are hindering the student to deliver a straight stroke, you tell him,show him, and explain how important it is.

I had similar examples like stevie. Strong players able to run several racks etc. ....but not consistantly. And thx god til now everyone followed my advice to start working on it. It s not easy for a strong player to believe that he has to change something.

Every instructor should have the ability to help somone to get a straight stroke.

I am sure that i could name sevrral students who had very bad thougjts about me bc they had to work on boring drills to correct their issues:D

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

tatqoo

Registered
I would have never been able to correct this things using ghostball or contacts point because my brain had been programmed to see a flawed shot picture and I'm sure I would've given up on the task.

Which is why I think TOI is becoming popular with a lot of people. It gets them to go through the center better.

I'm sure left cuts for right handers aren't that big of an issue using the technique because most of them are already there so they've already got that shot picture. But when they have a right cut they would have a tendency to applying outside spin because of they're misperception of the verticle axis of the cue ball. And just the opposite for left handers. Although I could be wrong.

Dear Mr Moore.

That's so true. I am a right hander and have no trouble with left cuts and like playing with TOI since CJ announced the technique for the first time and almost no one tried that method then.

In the same time I have serious problems with aiming right cuts. I have to aim them very different way.

I have PRO ONE DVD but I haven't had any real successes with that method. That's true, that I did not invest enough time in practicing PRO One. Maybe that perception error didn't allowe me to have better results with PRO One.

Can you suggest me how to work to fix that vertical axis perception error, especially for right cuts?

Best regards from Poland.

Piotr