leather tips and PETA/vegans...?

dlao02

I was wondering, what would PETA say about leather cue tips? Anyone would know? What would a vegan pool player shoot with?

I'm not vegan myself. I currently shoot with a White Diamond on my playing cue. So my cue is now a bit more "vegan friendly".

Any vegan players out there that shoot with some soft leather alternative on their cue? Not everyone likes a super hard material like me

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Have you ever been around a vegan who didn't tell everyone they meet that they are a vegan within the first twenty minutes of conversation.
Well, yes! A team mate/friend. He's 6'4" and of a athletic build.(glad to call him friend😉). He's a vegan and no alcohol. After months of friendship the vegan part was revealed as an aside in conversation. 🤷 The non alcohol was demonstrated in our interactions while playing in taverns.

middleofnowhere

Registered
I was wondering, what would PETA say about leather cue tips? Anyone would know? What would a vegan pool player shoot with?

I'm not vegan myself. I currently shoot with a White Diamond on my playing cue. So my cue is now a bit more "vegan friendly".

Any vegan players out there that shoot with some soft leather alternative on their cue? Not everyone likes a super hard material like me
That's funny because you make assumptions. My wife and I have been vegetarians for over 40 years but it has nothing whatsoever to do with how we feel about the treatment of animals.

I guess I would call myself an animal lover but that also has nothing to do with being a vegetarian. I've had what you said actually come up among friends thinking it was some kind of got ya question.

The fact that I'm a vegetarian for what I believe to be health reasons has nothing to do with how I feel about the treatment of animals. I may torture them for all you know but still be a vegetarian.

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

pig and alcohol free, i guess the target group is muslims. snooker player rory mccloud uses this tip, with the result that all the chalk leaves the tip and ends up on the table/balls.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i don't give a flying fk what peta thinks. to me that stands for people eating tasty animals.

Zerksies

I don't mind people having beliefs. But shoving it down my throat on how it defines you is really damn annoying. Deep down we know they want to be meat eaters Half their shit is supposed to taste like meat anyway.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's funny because you make assumptions. My wife and I have been vegetarians for over 40 years but it has nothing whatsoever to do with how we feel about the treatment of animals.

I guess I would call myself an animal lover but that also has nothing to do with being a vegetarian. I've had what you said actually come up among friends thinking it was some kind of got your question.

The fact that I'm a vegetarian for what I believe to be health reasons has nothing to do with how I feel about the treatment of animals. I may torture them for all you know but still be a vegetarian.
This doesn't necessarily apply to you, but I've found a trait among vegans....

They think their lifestyle makes them superior to us carnivores. And they have no problem telling you so. And you are a worthless individual if you dont adopt their lifestyle.

I've known 3 vegans personally, and 2 of the 3 had this attitude.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
PETA, EARTH FIRST, or like the guy running round Globe Saving Whales Paul Watson aka Whale Wars are all on mission mission to save something.

Kill people’s fun, enjoyment, or lively hood.

Rush use to call em WACHOS, Rush Was Right.

Do I care what a Wacko PETA member thinks about Leather tips on Pool sticks, he’ll no.

middleofnowhere

Registered
PETA, EARTH FIRST, or like the guy running round Globe Saving Whales Paul Watson aka Whale Wars are all on mission mission to save something.

Kill people’s fun, enjoyment, or lively hood.

Rush use to call em WACHOS, Rush Was Right.

Do I care what a Wacko PETA member thinks about Leather tips on Pool sticks, he’ll no.
All extremists are bad. All you have to do is visit a no kill shelter. Animals that no one wants living in deplorable conditions. Like the people with a house full of cats you see on the news all the time living in filth. They are delusional thinking they are doing something Nobel.

I have six cats right now who live like kings. However just last year we had to put a cat to sleep. The cat had health issues, would bite and attack other cats. The cat had mental problems. At a point we had enough. Like it or not, in the end it is just a cat.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Think most drive suburbs all stickered up with decals from groups they support.
Members of the Chevy Suburban culture refer to them as Bourbons. When it's in the shop they will tell you, "My bourbon is on the rocks."😉
As for the stickers, I recognize the baby on board and the stick figures holding hands and even the skeleton fish. Not familiar with the Vegan sticker

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
1669302364266.png

Typical save world crowd.

Last edited: