leather tips and PETA/vegans...?

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From this,

This.
There are three main types of pool cue tips: soft, medium, and hard. Each type of tip has its own advantages and disadvantages.

Let’s take a closer look at each type of pool cue tip.

Soft pool cue tips are made of softer materials, such as leather or rubber. These tips provide more grip on the ball, which can be helpful for beginners who are still learning how to control their shots.

However, soft tips tend to wear out faster than harder tips.

Medium pool cue tips are made of harder materials, such as plastic or ivory.

These tips provide less grip on the ball, which can be helpful for more experienced players who want to create more spin on their shots. However, medium tips wear out slower than soft tips.

Hard pool cue tips are made of the hardest materials, such as brass or steel. These tips provide the least amount of grip on the ball, which can be helpful for advanced players who want to create maximum spin on their shots.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
May I ask..... How do you know this for sure? I've seen no info anywhere that points one way or the other.
very simple, i asked. novel concept huh?? no specifics just some sort of synthetic. someone said you can play with them and while that may be true i'd never do it just due to the 'tinky' sound it makes. i have run a rack of 8b with it but the sound is too funky.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
As for peta; most members drive cars which has them killing all kinds of bugs and insects along with the occasional deer, skunk, dogs, cats, squirrels, etc.

Then, the havoc they wreak with penicillin when they get strep throat…don’t get me started lol

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Looks like, pool is not Vegan friendly.

I did some Googling..
Nobody makes any tips for playing that don't use leather.

So, a Vegan gets to break with a phenolic tip...
Then, sits down.
What league has a win for 8ball on the break?
Lol, seems perfect for a Vegan.
In the 60s, companies were playing with rubber tips. If someone needed an animal-free tip, there are plenty that should work well enough to play with.

The amount of drama that comes out of tip discussions is ridiculous. You could put draw on the cueball with enough chalk and a broomstick

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
That's funny because you make assumptions. My wife and I have been vegetarians for over 40 years but it has nothing whatsoever to do with how we feel about the treatment of animals.

I guess I would call myself an animal lover but that also has nothing to do with being a vegetarian. I've had what you said actually come up among friends thinking it was some kind of got ya question.

The fact that I'm a vegetarian for what I believe to be health reasons has nothing to do with how I feel about the treatment of animals. I may torture them for all you know but still be a vegetarian.
How’s he making assumptions? He specifically said vegan, you said you are vegetarian…and everything you outlined made it clear your not a vegan only a vegetarian.

Color me confused lol 😂

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
This doesn't necessarily apply to you, but I've found a trait among vegans....

They think their lifestyle makes them superior to us carnivores. And they have no problem telling you so. And you are a worthless individual if you dont adopt their lifestyle.

I've known 3 vegans personally, and 2 of the 3 had this attitude.
I wonder what’s gonna happen when science finds out plants feel pain, and have their own language of communication.

Sunning your butthole and mountain air have no caloric value for what its worth. 🤣

middleofnowhere

Registered
How’s he making assumptions? He specifically said vegan, you said you are vegetarian…and everything you outlined made it clear your not a vegan only a vegetarian.

Color me confused lol 😂
Your correct, a vegan claims to not use any animal products. In my experience most are hypocrites. I think it would be pretty much impossible to honestly live such a strict life style.

We are almost that strict as far as food goes. One of our reasons is the horrible state of the food industry. I own a farm that we are moving to after the first of the year. I can't honestly say I won't in the future eat eggs or have milk that came from my own goats.

I don't live like other people anyway. We do intermittent fasting before it was a fad. I eat only one meal a day in a 2 hour window then don't eat again for 22 hours.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The story I heard was the pine logs from SE Montana were sent out on rail cars to the Wash coast then loaded on a ship heading to the east , when they reached international waters they would dump the bark and saw dust over board and return back to the port with bunks of dimensional lumber or whatever it's called .
I worked for a couple winters falling timber , it seems like it was soon after that it shifted to mechanical logging and only one person was needed on the landing to bump a knot or two or cut a preferred length .
The largest tree I fell was for a landowner it was a cottonwood tree that was 5'2" x 5'6" at the stump I dropped it with a 30" bar on my chainsaw what a sight to see .
Great story. Felling trees is an art. A lost art sadly. Automation has changed so many things-not necessarily for the better.

Grimper

Anyone who says Rush was Right seriously doesn't belong in adult conversations

Angry Old White Man Disease really doesn't allow for brain function like "considering the viewpoints of others" and your posts continue to demonstrate this
Just like a snowflake liberal - if you don't agree with what someone says, then they're an idiot that you feel is free fodder for insults.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This doesn't necessarily apply to you, but I've found a trait among vegans....

They think their lifestyle makes them superior to us carnivores. And they have no problem telling you so. And you are a worthless individual if you dont adopt their lifestyle.

I've known 3 vegans personally, and 2 of the 3 had this attitude.
Most vegans I have met speak about their diet nonstop. Seems they are very proud of it. Like religion or something. I ain’t knocking it, but I don’t get it.

I have one very good friend who became a vegan about 4-5 years ago. I go back 20 years with him. Great guy. Was a pit boss in Vegas for 25 years, was a dealer for 5 years. We always have a great time talking about everything. Used to go eat steaks once a week-at least.

His health is still good. He’s a hair over 70, retired. Financially secure. One day he decided to become a vegan. Ok no problem.

My question is why does he have to mention it every 5 minutes when we talk? My memory isn’t bad, he’s aware that my cognitive condition is sound and hasn’t changed.

Is he trying to remind himself or me that he’s a vegan?

Seems a lot of vegans as a % of the population seem to have the need to tell people constantly about their dietary habits. Why?

Best
Fatboy <———can’t remember what he had for dinner last night…..oh wait! Turkey it was thanksgiving 😂

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Just like a snowflake liberal - if you don't agree with what someone says, then they're an idiot that you feel is free fodder for insults.
When you hold up a societal tumor as your moral compass, it deviates from adulthood. I didn't call him an idiot for posting that, just like I won't call you an idiot for using the word "snowflake" seriously.

What a child, I hope you have a night light to keep the spooky liberals away