Leather wrap id??

PatduDMD

Registered
View attachment 319436

Good day AZers! Can anybody help me to identify what kind of leather wrap is on this cue? This is my friend's playing cue and I really like the wrap. I plan on having a custom cue with this kind of leather wrap. I asked him what kind of wrap is on this cue, he said his cuemaker told him it was "figured leather". I looked at the Mueller's swatches and I'm guessing that it is black italian scotch? Somebody help me out!!

Last edited:

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 319436

Good day AZers! Can anybody help me to identify what kind of leather wrap is on this cue? This is my friend's playing cue and I really like the wrap. I plan on having a custom cue with this kind of leather wrap. I asked him what kind of wrap is on this cue, he said his cuemaker told him it was "figured leather". I looked at the Mueller's swatches and I'm guessing that it is black italian scotch? Somebody help me out!!

The term is embossed - looks like lizard to me.

Track down jazznpool's post about wraps at his supierior cues site.
He has tons of leather choices - fun to view if you happen to
be connected via a Cray supercomputer:)

Dale

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That looks just like an embossed lizard print blank that I used to sell a few years ago. I have not seen any hides with that print in a few years.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That looks just like an embossed lizard print blank that I used to sell a few years ago. I have not seen any hides with that print in a few years.

Sorry to hear that. I like the look of that blank a lot.

Do you currently have anything close - or even other colors.

Dale

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear that. I like the look of that blank a lot.

Do you currently have anything close - or even other colors.

Dale

I like that small pebble look also, but don't have anymore of it or anything close.