LED lighting for bar table

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, I know I’ve seen some threads on this in the past, but the Search function doesn’t seem to be helping me. Can anyone give me some advice as far as lighting goes? I’m going to have a bar table delivered soon, and I assume LED is the way to go these days. Not sure if it makes any difference, but I have a low ceiling where the table is going. Any suggestions are welcome, and thanks in advance!

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn’t try to dial that in, pre-purchase. It costs a little more, but get the panel with adjustable color and built in dimmer. No way to go wrong

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have qty 2 2x4 LED panels over my 9' table, placed end to end (with about 10" distance between them for a camera). When I was setting them up, I tried it with just one in the middle, and it seemed good enough. Mine are flush mounted to the ceiling which is 9' from the floor.

If I were to do it again, I'd get the adjustable color and brightness lights. They are only a bit more nowadays.

Renegade4006

Our lighting is fluorescent not LED in the set-up we have over our 8 ft. Steepleton. The stained wooden enclosure was made for us by a friend over 30 years ago. The lights are 8 foot bulbs. I originally thought of going with two 4 ft. units but decided to go with the single 8 foot system.

The current bulbs are a Cool White rated at 60W. I keep spares for replacements and those will be 75W as I could not find any 60W bulbs.

Attachments

• Pool table light with 8 foot fluorescent bulbs and stained wooden enclosure.jpg
    Pool table light with 8 foot fluorescent bulbs and stained wooden enclosure.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Pool table light with 8 foot fluorescent bulbs and stained wooden enclosure photo 2.jpg
    Pool table light with 8 foot fluorescent bulbs and stained wooden enclosure photo 2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Pool table light current 8 foot fluorescent bulbs.jpg
    Pool table light current 8 foot fluorescent bulbs.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 30

APA Operator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can get a drop-in LED panel and build a frame out of crown molding, but it isn't cheap and you have to size the frame just right. This is the one I built in 2020. It's a frame fastened to the ceiling with a 2' X 4' LED panel (brightness and temperature adjustable) resting on a ledge made from regular molding on the inside. There's just enough room to push the panel up from below by tilting it just right. It cost me about $250 (frame + panel) at the time, and lights a 9' table just fine. It would work great for a low ceiling - just depends how much you want to spend, how much work you want to do, and how important aesthetics are to you. Shop lights are much cheaper and require minimal work.

Attachments

• LightAndTable.jpg
    LightAndTable.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 25

Jedco

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I bought my light from this thread:

It went together easily and looks fantastic.