Lesson opportunity in LA area for Wed.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am still in the los angeles area through tomorrow. If anyone is interested in a lesson with me anytime tomorrow (wed 5/30), day or evening, call me (773-551-7473), or pm me with a way to contact you.

Scott Lee
Www.poolknowledge.com
 
Scott Lee Pool School (5/25-26-27) Orange County, CA

Scott,

I regret now being able to rearrange my schedule to attend your recent pool school this past Memorial Day Weekend. The training curriculum with 8hrs of instruction daily sounds almost like an advanced boot camp which appeals to me. I really enjoy intense training and practice routines and as my pool pals in Fresno will attest, I'm a practice drills freak.....the harder the better.

I'd appreciate knowing when your future schools in California are coming up again. As we discussed, I would love to arrange a school in Fresno and am promoting this notion with other players. Regardless, I think other forum members might benefit from knowing your school schedule in advance as it gets established so that regionally, everyone can plan ahead........sort of a bulletin announcement a little more precise than "Look for the Scott Lee Billiards Boot Camp Coming To Your Neighborhood Soon."

Regardless, how was the pool school this past weekend? Obviously, no one expects you'd write back that it sucked and was a waste of time & money......Duh? But I know that there's planning that's involved like locating the right pool room facility for some privacy, nearby room accomodations, how was the tournament feedback from the attendees, did you promote any competitive/recreational play after school ended in the evening or was everyone too burned out from the day's program? What was the average skill level or does that even matter in your schools?

As an example, I am far from being a novice or intermediate for that matter but I'm no top gun either.......I'm hoping the school will help me confirm or identify my weaknesses, including my mechanics when shooting a variety of shots.....frozen cue ball on the rail, raised bridge etc., and give me a better map for future practice. At the same time, I know there are facets to my game that are strengths....like cutting an object ball so my natural tendency is to overlook shooting the object ball differently......even a frozen object ball on the head rail and with the cue ball in the middle of the table, or anywhere else for that matter, my proclivity is to cut the object ball into one of the corner pockets. Now from personal experience, I can tell you that is not always the best strategy to utilize when trying to win a match. So I hope the school would help me diagram the best possible table runout compatible with my shooting strengths and overall skills.....the assumption of course being the object ball I select to shoot would be pocketed. And let's not forget safety play....where, when and how....my safety play is pathetic. A smart safety at the right moment in a game can ensure a successful table runout afterwards.

Were you pleased with how the school went? Overall, is there anything you would have liked to change if you repeated the school in Orange County, CA? Anything you can share or tell us about the school would be appreciated....at least speaking for myself. What size (# particpants) school would be your perfect class? Is this such a thing as an advanced player class? Your student/instructor ratio seems really good?

Please don"t think of your response as an advertisement but to some degree it serves that purpose. I'm interested in your school and I'm sure there are others out there as well. So blow your horn, ring the bells or sound the chimes.......Scott Lee, this is your moment........Here Goes?

"Scott, how did your pool school this past weekend fare?"

Matt B.
 
Last edited:
Matt...I posted about last weekend's pool school in the original thread. I mentioned that it went very well for all the students. There was significant improvement seen in every student, and it was able to be measured...which is an important component of learning. There is no 3-day school that could cover all the areas you mentioned (although many topics are covered)...perhaps a 3-week school...but not 3 days. Most players, even experts, seek a more consistent process, and a way to deal with shooting under pressure. That's what pool school provides.

There is no set schedule for our pool schools. They happen when and where local players like yourself take an interest and put together a group that wants the school to happen. Then it takes a room owner who is willing to work with us too. It sounds like you have all those elements where you live. As I mentioned to you when we talked on the phone, I am willing and able to come to Fresno at any time you have a large enough group to justify it. Or there is always the opportunity to travel to Dallas to attend school at our fixed facillity there, any time of the year.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
 
Back
Top