Let's see those: Josey Cues!!!

JohnDoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tim,

How did you get all those pictures, they are all truly beautiful. Do you work with the Josey's with their designs? I thought I read that somewhere a while back, could be mistaken. I've been exchanging emails with Sherri trying to design and build a cue with them. Really hoping for a veneered four pointer hoppe, got my fingers crossed. Still gotta find an idea for the inlay scheme...

Dakota,

How has your experience been so far? Was there a wait time to get your cue? Give us an idea what what you're expecting and when its coming.

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JohnDoe,

Tim does do the computer/programming work for Josey from what I've heard. There was a video clip a while back that I heard that on. He is a great guy, and he can really work some graphics wizardry.

As far as my cue, so far the experience has been very positive. It will be about 8 months total, from when I ordered the cue to when I expect it to be delivered in a few weeks. That's still not bad by cuemaker standards, and Keith did say that he was making cues for 2 shows that will slow him down. He has also been having some foot problems as well, for the last few months, that has slown him down a bit more. Hopefully he'll make a speedy recovery.

My Josey won't be as fancy as a lot of the ones posted here, but it will be pretty unique. I will tell you 2 things about it.

1. It is an ebony cue with some ivory silver inlays, and
2. I actually gave it the nickname when I ordered it the same as your avatar. It has been dubbed...

~~The Dark Knight~~

JohnDoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haha thanks Dakota,
Thats beautiful, I love the nickname you gave it. It sounds like a player to me. Eight months sounds like there was no wait time till he started working, that sounds great. Now I'm more intrigued and harder pressed to work out a design with Sherri and Keith.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
some more

more.............

newSneaky3.jpg

newSneaky2.jpg

dscn0034.jpg

newSneaky1.jpg

dscn0033.jpg

boar20b.jpg

boar20d.jpg

boar20a.jpg

KrullPrplehrtB.jpg

KrullPrplehrtF.jpg

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
more.....

usopen09_06veneersF.jpg

usopen09_06veneersB.jpg

Trad3Wholeweblayout.jpg

Trad1WholewebLayout.jpg

Bdaywhole1.jpg

BdayInlay1.jpg

Coco1B3.jpg

Coco1F1.jpg

I've never been a huge fan of floating points in a cue. I've always preferred the more tradional 4,6, and 8 point look to a cue, with or without veneers.

One of the things that makes Keith so unique is that with both your and his ability to come up with some truly awesome and unique inlay designs, once implemented into a traditional cue like a 4 pointer, the final product is a truly one-of-a-kind cue that no one else out there is doing. And they play great too!

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WOOO HOOO!!!!

I just got an email from Sherri, and she said my new cue is going out next week!

It won't be long now!!!

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
WOOO HOOO!!!!

I just got an email from Sherri, and she said my new cue is going out next week!

It won't be long now!!!

Now is when the waiting makes you psychotic....LoL! Congrats!! Can't wait to see it...mine should not be too much farther behind, hopefully a few more weeks, but after SBE.

Lisa

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
***UPDATE***

Due to fog in Bismarck, my cue (and a bunch of other less important stuff), got re-routed to SD, and won't be here until tomorrow. At least I HOPE it will get here tomorrow!

STUPID FOG!!!!

Last edited:

lunneborgc

Registered
Here's pictures of our Josey's... Looking forward to seeing yours and Lisa's pictures soon! - Chris

Skins has pictures of my new one in his earlier post, but here it is anyway..

USOPENcues10-20-092.jpg

CIMG9178.jpg

CIMG9165.jpg

CIMG9166.jpg

CIMG9167.jpg

and my wife's...
CIMG9177.jpg

CIMG9175.jpg

CIMG9176.jpg

Keith mentioned he made one previous version of my cue in ebony and ivory, I'm glad I came across these pictures, thanks for posting Skins! It looks really sharp! Of course I'm partial to mine, lol... I love his style.

a few more.....
DSCF0147.jpg

DSCF0146.jpg

lunneborgc

Registered
Very Nice! Now you can give us a review about how if feels for you! Hope you love it like the rest of us! I like the new Logo too, that's pretty sharp.