13. Oliver (Cocoy) Villafuerte PHI823
  14. Aloysius Yapp SGP823
  15. Albin Ouschan AUT820
  16. Wojciech Szewczyk POL816
  17. Niels Feijen NED816
  18. Wiktor Zielinski POL814
  19. Lee Van Corteza PHI812
  20. Johann Chua PHI812
Shane has dropped to number 5. Love Niels game, but I would not have expected him to be in the top 20. Maybe I underestimate his game a little, so great job Niels. A couple guys I'm not that familiar with: Villafuete and Chua, but put a PHI next to their name and they already get more Fargo points. Raga snuck up to the top on me. Are we going to see a lot more of him in the future? Probably. Any surprises of those not on the list? I might take Skyler for the money over a few.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
here is what i have to say
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
wish i could play like that...😥

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
here is what i have to say
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
wish i could play like that...😥
Honestly, I think it would be a little bit of a curse. I love pool, but I don't want to be on tour. I think Mike Dechaine experienced a little bit of it and that is why he doesn't play anymore. Anyway...yeah I wish I did too!. Speaking of Mike, he is still the 3rd highest US Fargo.

jason

Silver Member
If 16 of those are in the last 16 in an event, there is no real favorite. It's really hard for one of those players to have a really great year.
That is true Bob, we might even be able to go deeper. The level at the top is close to perfection and a lot of times it comes down to the rolls. Insanely good players.

Reactions: bbb

Zerksies

Some of these guys are really great players, But you don't see Ouschan or Shaw winning tournaments regularly. It just baffles me.

Reactions: ACL

jason

Silver Member
A couple months ago, I played pool with ex-Cubs pitcher, Ryan Dempster. As you would expect from a professional athlete, solid hand-eye coordination. What surprised me a little was the power of his stroke. It probably shouldn't have in hindsight. Dempster's acceleration thru the ball is just natural. I have played high level amateur sports, but there is just a different level at the pros. Then there is a whole other level in pro sport into the hall of fame area. It's crazy to understand just how good these guys are and how you separate the levels of players. Pool is tighter at the top than most sports, but there are different levels for sure.

Reactions: bbb

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... What surprised me a little was the power of his stroke. It probably shouldn't have in hindsight. Dempster's acceleration thru the ball is just natural. I have played high level amateur sports, but there is just a different level at the pros. Then there is a whole other level in pro sport into the hall of fame area. It's crazy to understand just how good these guys are and how you separate the levels of players. ...
Some would call that talent for sports. Others say talent doesn't exist.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think raga was even higher in the pecking order before the pandemic, like 2nd or 3rd.

and this list is lacking the chinese monsters (they haven't played enough matches the last 3 years). yet one of them beat a 256 player field in the spanish open a few months ago. so in reality it's even more crowded up there

jason

Silver Member
Some would call that talent for sports. Others say talent doesn't exist.
There is a natural ability that some have. No matter how hard I try, I will never be as tall as Wilt Chamberlain! There is talent, natural ability, genetic anomalies...call it what you will, some have it and some don't. It's not what you don't have in life, it's all about what you do with what you got (Yeah, hold your snickers...I know what you guys are thinking!). Work ethic and determination will get you as close as you can get to the top. Not everyone is destine to the top, only a few. One of my favorite athletes of all time is Larry Bird. Can run, can't jump, but did he make it up in spades. I will leave you with this...Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!!!

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If 16 of those are in the last 16 in an event, there is no real favorite. It's really hard for one of those players to have a really great year.
This is what has made the last year for FSR so amazing, IMO. I would imagine that years like that will be few and far between..just too many monsters out there...

jason

Silver Member
This is what has made the last year for FSR so amazing, IMO. I would imagine that years like that will be few and far between..just too many monsters out there...
Yeah, that was quite a performance. I agree we won't see those types of years very often.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
A couple months ago, I played pool with ex-Cubs pitcher, Ryan Dempster. As you would expect from a professional athlete, solid hand-eye coordination. What surprised me a little was the power of his stroke. It probably shouldn't have in hindsight. Dempster's acceleration thru the ball is just natural. I have played high level amateur sports, but there is just a different level at the pros. Then there is a whole other level in pro sport into the hall of fame area. It's crazy to understand just how good these guys are and how you separate the levels of players. Pool is tighter at the top than most sports, but there are different levels for sure.
That's the reason I loved watching Pros VS Joes.
The difference between great athletes and professional athletes is immense.
Similar to the 100 fargo point jump. You can play darn good pool and achieve a fargo of 600.
600 is a very respectable player among mortals. Supposedly, a 700 player is literally twice as good as the 600.
700 fargo players are more than elite in our game. To think that the guys on that list are twice again better than they are is mind-boggling.