LETS-Talk-Mezz- WX700

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
I've been using WD700 for quite some time..just curious, what is the main different with WD700?

Main difference from the Wd700 to the Wx700 is the ferrule material is stronger, they were having issues with the Wd ferrule being to soft and mushrooming and or cracking.

The new construction is better but if your having no issues then I wouldn't worry about it.

Also the tip it comes with from the factory now is a Kamui M brown instead of the Moori.

-Drew

ajie

Registered
Main difference from the Wd700 to the Wx700 is the ferrule material is stronger, they were having issues with the Wd ferrule being to soft and mushrooming and or cracking.

The new construction is better but if your having no issues then I wouldn't worry about it.

Also the tip it comes with from the factory now is a Kamui M brown instead of the Moori.

-Drew

i see... Thank GOD my WD is still in good shape, although there are minor scratches here and there.. thanks for your info drew..

suharsh

Registered
@ HueblerHustler7 - thanks for this post and on Kim Bye's post on Mezz Shaft thread where you mentioned about Wavy joint fitting on a 3/8 10 modified. I went ahead and based on your input, bought a wx900 wavy joint. It fit well on My Darrin Hill Cue (I have two cues). So thanks for that.

Have spent about 4 - 5 hours with the wx900 shaft. I love it ... though I wasn't impressed with the Kamui Medium. Need to get it changed to a Ki-Tech or Zan (which I have never tried).

I intend to try out the Hybrid Pro shaft United Joint and am wondering which production cue butts it will fit on. From previous postings looks like Schon is a good fit - hoping there are other cheaper options available.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
@ HueblerHustler7 - thanks for this post and on Kim Bye's post on Mezz Shaft thread where you mentioned about Wavy joint fitting on a 3/8 10 modified. I went ahead and based on your input, bought a wx900 wavy joint. It fit well on My Darrin Hill Cue (I have two cues). So thanks for that.

Have spent about 4 - 5 hours with the wx900 shaft. I love it ... though I wasn't impressed with the Kamui Medium. Need to get it changed to a Ki-Tech or Zan (which I have never tried).

I intend to try out the Hybrid Pro shaft United Joint and am wondering which production cue butts it will fit on. From previous postings looks like Schon is a good fit - hoping there are other cheaper options available.

The united joint is pretty much the same thing as 5/16-14 piloted thread, hope you have luck with your experimenting, I also have had real good luck with installing a Milk dud tip. Plays real sporty on the wx700.

-Drew

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member

-Drew

A Mezz rep posted a while back that the only difference in the WX and WD shaft is the tip. Mezz was exclusively installing Moori tips on their shafts and have now switched to Kamuis. No idea why they would have changed the name of a shaft just because they switched tips.

Also, someone mentioned something about the wavy pin and it fitting another shaft. I have had about 15 Mezz shafts thus far and the wavy joint has been my cue of choice. The only drawback is the joint itself. The pin is bigger than a 3/8 so you cant put any other shaft on the butt. I did find that the wavy pin shafts would fit a few butts I had with a radial pin but not perfect. For a small pin cue the United joint shafts are really nice, they fit nice and snug and hit solid. I have been playing with the WX900 shaft for about 6 months or more and its definitely different than any of the others, not just size wise and taper. The WD700 and WX700 play about the same but both are very different than the WX900, similar to the Predator 314 and Z shafts.

I posted this quite a while back http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=340336 and have since pulled the wavy pin out of the CJ cue and installed a 3/8x11 and redid the shafts. Its much easier to find a variety of shafts and their is zero difference in the hit.

Last edited:

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
A Mezz rep posted a while back that the only difference in the WX and WD shaft is the tip. Mezz was exclusively installing Moori tips on their shafts and have now switched to Kamuis. No idea why they would have changed the name of a shaft just because they switched tips.

Also, someone mentioned something about the wavy pin and it fitting another shaft. I have had about 15 Mezz shafts thus far and the wavy joint has been my cue of choice. The only drawback is the joint itself. The pin is bigger than a 3/8 so you cant put any other shaft on the butt. I did find that the wavy pin shafts would fit a few butts I had with a radial pin but not perfect. For a small pin cue the United joint shafts are really nice, they fit nice and snug and hit solid. I have been playing with the WX900 shaft for about 6 months or more and its definitely different than any of the others, not just size wise and taper. The WD700 and WX700 play about the same but both are very different than the WX900, similar to the Predator 314 and Z shafts.

I posted this quite a while back http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=340336 and have since pulled the wavy pin out of the CJ cue and installed a 3/8x11 and redid the shafts. Its much easier to find a variety of shafts and their is zero difference in the hit.

Switched to 3/8-11??? why wouldn't you have just done 3/8-10 if you were looking for more shaft options? Or is it because you were looking to try out a southwest shaft on a mezz butt?

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Switched to 3/8-11??? why wouldn't you have just done 3/8-10 if you were looking for more shaft options? Or is it because you were looking to try out a southwest shaft on a mezz butt?

3/8x10 would have worked also, I just happened to have a plethora of 3/8x11 shafts lol...including some SW's. The wavy joint does have a really nice fit and hits great, just kind of a pain unless you plan on strictly using a Mezz shaft, or spending $380 I think it is on a tap. Either way I think their cues and shafts are very well rounded :wink:

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
3/8x10 would have worked also, I just happened to have a plethora of 3/8x11 shafts lol...including some SW's. The wavy joint does have a really nice fit and hits great, just kind of a pain unless you plan on strictly using a Mezz shaft, or spending $380 I think it is on a tap. Either way I think their cues and shafts are very well rounded :wink:

Ohhh gottcha lol, yea I plan on sticking with the mezz shafts when I get my mezz and deff going with the AXi series. thanks for the info.