Letter to seller....opinions please

str8poolbanger

Audio Video Specialist
Silver Member
Do you think this is out of line?

Dear XXXX Pool Supplies,

I am writing to voice my disconcert with a cue stick I purchased on 2/22/08 at the TAP league Titleholders in Greensburg, PA. I purchased a Raymond Calvert in the amount of $424.00 after taxes. After getting home, I saw that the wrap was loose in spots, and that there was a nice ding in the shaft near the joint. I figured I?d have those fixed at the Super Billiards Expo in Valley Forge this past weekend. After walking around and getting some prices, I decided to do a leather wrap on the cue, and have the weight bolts adjusted to put me at just over 18 oz as the cue was over 20 oz and was too heavy for me. Upon further inspection by Mike Gulassy I was informed that this cue wasn?t worth more than $200 in pristine condition that it?s a main stream production cue that was made in 1989 and that Raymond Calvert is in fact a fictitious name. As well as the weight bolts couldn?t be adjusted because someone brutally mangled the inside end of the butt cap and the weight bolts won?t come out without extensive drilling. I am not happy with this purchase and would expect something to come back to me in form of monetary value within the next 7 business days, as I have already notified my credit card about not being satisfied with my purchase using my credit card and starting the process of filing a claim with them to reverse the charges if not corrected on the sellers end. I hope that you will do right in this transaction and if that means sending the cue back complete and letting you resell it to someone else than that?s what it will be. I just want this corrected, I?m not happy that you told me you knew in fact it was a genuine cue by Raymond Calvert, when in fact this man never existed. There is nothing in the blue book of cues, except for the fact he was a farce made up by Adams.
 
I'd say good luck getting anything back on this one, assuming that you bought the cue in person. At least it sounds that way.

If you had the chance to inspect the cue and chose to NOT do so at the time of purchase, you are on your own, most likely. Good luck but I would guess that you are going to end up on the short end of the stick "no pun intended" on this one!

JBK
 
MOJOE said:
I'd say good luck getting anything back on this one, assuming that you bought the cue in person. At least it sounds that way.

If you had the chance to inspect the cue and chose to NOT do so at the time of purchase, you are on your own, most likely. Good luck but I would guess that you are going to end up on the short end of the stick "no pun intended" on this one!

JBK

Seriously! You bought this cue in person for over $400 and THEN realized it was a piece of crap? I am willing to bet that you get nothing back. I feel bad that you are unhappy, but this seems like it was all your fault.
 
cue

str8poolbanger said:
Do you think this is out of line?

Dear XXXX Pool Supplies,

I am writing to voice my disconcert with a cue stick I purchased on 2/22/08 at the TAP league Titleholders in Greensburg, PA. I purchased a Raymond Calvert in the amount of $424.00 after taxes. After getting home, I saw that the wrap was loose in spots, and that there was a nice ding in the shaft near the joint. I figured I?d have those fixed at the Super Billiards Expo in Valley Forge this past weekend. After walking around and getting some prices, I decided to do a leather wrap on the cue, and have the weight bolts adjusted to put me at just over 18 oz as the cue was over 20 oz and was too heavy for me. Upon further inspection by Mike Gulassy I was informed that this cue wasn?t worth more than $200 in pristine condition that it?s a main stream production cue that was made in 1989 and that Raymond Calvert is in fact a fictitious name. As well as the weight bolts couldn?t be adjusted because someone brutally mangled the inside end of the butt cap and the weight bolts won?t come out without extensive drilling. I am not happy with this purchase and would expect something to come back to me in form of monetary value within the next 7 business days, as I have already notified my credit card about not being satisfied with my purchase using my credit card and starting the process of filing a claim with them to reverse the charges if not corrected on the sellers end. I hope that you will do right in this transaction and if that means sending the cue back complete and letting you resell it to someone else than that?s what it will be. I just want this corrected, I?m not happy that you told me you knew in fact it was a genuine cue by Raymond Calvert, when in fact this man never existed. There is nothing in the blue book of cues, except for the fact he was a farce made up by Adams.
wait for the kiss because you just got scre***wd
 
Tough situation

In my experience, sellers willing to pass off crap as custom seldom do the right thing when caught in the act.

IMO, your best recourse is to proceed with your own credit card company. If they acknowledge your right to a claim and remuneration, call it a success and move on.

As for the other entities named in your letter "Gulassy" and "Adams," I would omit their identities as it seems that neither has done you wrong and neither stands to gain by being named in your dispute.

"Let the buyer beware" can have some ugly implications. I think this is between you and the selling party who, ironically, is the only one you didn't name. Good luck with a difficult situation.
 
Well, first, disconcert is not the word you are looking for, as it is a verb meaning to throw out of arrangement. The letter itself isn't at all professional. If you think you were overcharged, you shoudln't have paid for the cue in the first place. The credit card company can't do much either since it looks like a case of buyer's remorse.

Second, the cue should have been inspected at the time of purchase. If you were unhappy with it in anyway, you should not have taken it to be altered, which would void any responsibility or warranty of the original seller.

And finally, a cuemaker can name his line of cues anything, including a pseudonym, as with any product sold. As for its true value, that's relative. If you aren't knowledgable about cues, you should have done research before purchasing one.
 
Last edited:
First off I think you SOL since you purchased the cue in person.

Second , that letter IMO is not written in a manner of which that will get you much sympathy , rather it will likey cause immediate defence by the seller and un unwillingness to help.
 
*UPDATE*

Company called today to apologize for the cue sale. They will be adding the leather wrap, fixing the dent on the shaft near the joint, changing the weight bolt out to my request of weight. I guess I should consider myself lucky.
 
Back
Top