Linen wrap-developing a groove

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My cue has a linen wrap, and it feels as if it is developing grooves where I hold it in my fingers.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does linen develop grooves? How long should a linen wrap last, before needing replaced?

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it's showing any signs of where you grip it, you're probably gripping too hard. My Dishaw has had the same pressed linen wrap since '95 or '96 and does not need replacing and shows no sign of where I grip it.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My cue has a linen wrap, and it feels as if it is developing grooves where I hold it in my fingers.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does linen develop grooves? How long should a linen wrap last, before needing replaced?

I've had a Joss since early 90s, was still pretty smooth when I sold it a few years ago.

Is it actually putting dents in the linen you can feel or are the strands being pushed around?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Sounds like the glue that holds the linen in place has loosened up. That will cause the linen to slide and bunch up. This is usually caused by sweat.

It needs to be replaced. Average cost is $40 or so.

Last edited:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like the glue that holds the linen in place has loosened up. That will cause the linen to slide and bunch up. This is usually caused by sweat.

Yeah, this sounds more like the probable problem than gripping too tight though a tight grip coupled with loose glue might make it show up quicker:eek:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member

-

Agreed. I've had the same issue.. The cue was about 15-20 years old.

Rob.M