Longasy tip feedback needed

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They have quite an unique hit to them, a softish and a tad muted and that will be the factor between loving them and hating them. I didn't get along too well with the Longasy mediums I tried to get used to. They played weird to me and eventually I went back to milkduds and triangles.

Wether or not you should blow the money to try one is up to you but if I was looking for a good layered tip I would turn my attention to Zan tips rather than Longasy. Tips are a personal preference thing though so what may not suit me may as well work for you so hopefully others chime in aswell to form a wider range of opinions on the tips in question :eek:

CaptainPots

Registered
Anyone have experience with Longasy cue tips?

Tested on a 314-2. Bouncy, produces a ton of spin but seemed to be too soft and mushy for a clean transfer of energy from cue to cue ball. With some tips you feel your shots become effortless, with the Longasy I felt that shots took more effort than usual.

YMMV, try it at least once but I recommend having a back up to change to :)

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 2 customers who have the soft on thier Revo shafts. They like the soft. Put the medium on for someone else. He didn't like it.

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 2 customers who have the soft on thier Revo shafts. They like the soft. Put the medium on for someone else. He didn't like it.

Is this the tip you are referring too or is there another one?
I had someone bring this in yesterday...is less suppose to be more?

Attachments

• Longasy Med.JPG
    Longasy Med.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 746

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this the tip you are referring too or is there another one?
I had someone bring this in yesterday...is less suppose to be more?

Lol. Yes, that's the tip. There should be another part of it. A .030 brown pad that installs under the tip. Ummm. Less it more? I think they shot for, more would be less. Lol

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol. Yes, that's the tip. There should be another part of it. A .030 brown pad that installs under the tip. Ummm. Less it more? I think they shot for, more would be less. Lol

Well, I will install what a customer wants and in some cases I have even taken in a new tip in trade just for a chance to experience the next best thing.
Not sure how many ways one can improve a tip.
I don't know about this one and there simply isn't much information out; I suppose I will have to find out when ever I get around to installing and testing one.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I will install what a customer wants and in some cases I have even taken in a new tip in trade just for a chance to experience the next best thing.
Not sure how many ways one can improve a tip.
I don't know about this one and there simply isn't much information out; I suppose I will have to find out when ever I get around to installing and testing one.

Tips on the overall are an ongoing mystery. Never take anyone's word alone on them. You can't give your customers honest answers they might be looking for unless you try them. This seems to be the layered tip age. Everyone thinks theirs is better. I carry what I know will play which means, there's quite a few I won't stock. But I'll install it if they supply it.

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tips on the overall are an ongoing mystery. Never take anyone's word alone on them. You can't give your customers honest answers they might be looking for unless you try them. This seems to be the layered tip age. Everyone thinks theirs is better. I carry what I know will play which means, there's quite a few I won't stock. But I'll install it if they supply it.

Agreed, I stock all the typical and have a few that are really best bang for the buck if asked. Several locally know that I am known for doing an install for a new tip, so they buy two or three.
I will install a new (to me) tip on my identical back-up shaft for testing; on some occasions it becomes my primary shaft when I like it a lot... lol.

That said... even after all these years, it's still hard to beat a pressed Triangle but that just tells my age.