NJ1181

I can't find any solid shafts in 30"
Does anyone know a source?
Ideally, I like to get a great quality 30" 12.2 in pro taper

8BALL EDDIE

I can't find any solid shafts in 30"
Does anyone know a source?
Ideally, I like to get a great quality 30" 12.2 in pro taper

Not knowing where you're at, I can't recommend anyone locally.

However, I'm a Joss Cues guy. I love the work Dan Janes does. He'd be able to make one for you.

Also, I know Meucci and Viking can both make that shaft for you with matching ringwork for your joint style.

Good luck with your search.

NathanDetroit

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ask David Schmelke about his "select wood". He used that for a shaft now on my Joss 94-u that is 30" pro taper. Great shaft made better by a great price

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you kidding? If me 20+ years ago living here in Kiev, Ukraine where pool just appeared as quite a new game could get a 60" even split Prather cue in 1999... I'm sure for somebody in USA ...you have to be just lazy to not be able to find a 30" solid maple shaft. There are enough sources...Prather, Jacoby, Joss and quite a lot custom builders to pick I believe.
Now I'm just happy to be able to build a shaft I like for myself or my pupils I coach.
Who seeks will always find).

8BALL EDDIE

Just talked to Dan Janes at Joss and he won't do Uni-locs

Sorry, you did not specify the need for a Uni-Loc, in your original post.

Like I suggested earlier, try Meucci and/or Viking. Great solid maple shafts, in 30" length, with a Pro Taper, able to match the ringwork to just about any joint styling. 👍

NJ1181

Are you kidding? If me 20+ years ago living here in Kiev, Ukraine where pool just appeared as quite a new game could get a 60" even split Prather cue in 1999... I'm sure for somebody in USA ...you have to be just lazy to not be able to find a 30" solid maple shaft. There are enough sources...Prather, Jacoby, Joss and quite a lot custom builders to pick I believe.
Now I'm just happy to be able to build a shaft I like for myself or my pupils I coach.
Who seeks will always find).
Thank you for your reply sir,
I never thought to have someone make a shaft until I posted this thread, I assumed 30" solids would be readily available on the market

NJ1181

Sorry, you did not specify the need for a Uni-Loc, in your original post.

Like I suggested earlier, try Meucci and/or Viking. Great solid maple shafts, in 30" length, with a Pro Taper, able to match the ringwork to just about any joint styling. 👍
Getting in touch as we speak
Thanks

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for your reply sir,
I never thought to have someone make a shaft until I posted this thread, I assumed 30" solids would be readily available on the market
You're welcome and I wish you to find a good one. As I said there are a lot of possibilities you have there).

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 30" Schmelke traditional maple at 12.25mm that I ordered on my cue from them...love this thing, it rocks.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schmelke has Pro and Extended Pro. Pro is kinda old-school, it grows a little quicker than the Extended. One caveat: mine may be rare case but my 29" Standard-taper shaft for my sneaky warped in about a year. Just a bit and it doesn't affect play but its there. My 30" Extended w/Tomahawk ferrule(highly recommended) is still dead straight.
Are his traditional maple in Pro Taper?

Fay

I WOULD GO WITH THE PRO SHAFT FROM MEUCCI
THEY ARE SOLID MAPLE
AVAILABLE IN ANY JOINT PIN
AVAILABLE IN 30 INCHES
WITH PRO TAPER
LOWEST DEFLECTION SOLID MAPLE SHAFT

NJ1181

Schmelke has Pro and Extended Pro. Pro is kinda old-school, it grows a little quicker than the Extended. One caveat: mine may be rare case but my 29" Standard-taper shaft for my sneaky warped in about a year. Just a bit and it doesn't affect play but its there. My 30" Extended w/Tomahawk

NJ1181

David doesn’t build custom shafts anymore
Fisher cues will but reviews aren’t good. Meucci will for about 300

Reactions: Fay