Looking For a Similar Table in the US…

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nah, he can get it.

Just has to spend a little bit more.

He can get a production cue, or pay a little more for a custom.

He was looking and hoping to pay a production price but so far it doesn’t look like he can.
He's talking about a table not a cue. What he's looking for doesn't exist in a commercially available table. closest thing would be a GC shiny black with ball return.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why pollute a thread with an asshole attitude? The guy is facing tradeoff challenges and I was just curious about the returns & respectfully asked him. He congenially replied & explained. Seems everyone is enjoying a peaceful discussion & interested in helping him out - but be a tool if you must.
I think he was agreeing with you actually. A GC shiny black finish with ball return is the closest thing to what he pictured originally seeing how that table is a GC copy.

stevelomako

Cash. I uses cash beech.
Silver Member
Why pollute a thread with an asshole attitude? The guy is facing tradeoff challenges and I was just curious about the returns & respectfully asked him. He congenially replied & explained. Seems everyone is enjoying a peaceful discussion & interested in helping him out - but be a tool if you must.
It’s not an asshole comment to get what you want. 🤦🏻‍♂️

He’s looking for something in particular.

stevelomako

Cash. I uses cash beech.
Silver Member
He's talking about a table not a cue. What he's looking for doesn't exist in a commercially available table. closest thing would be a GC shiny black with ball return.
That’s the best analogy I could come up with.

He wanted something off the rack.

It’s not out there so far.

stevelomako

Cash. I uses cash beech.
Silver Member
I think he was agreeing with you actually. A GC shiny black finish with ball return is the closest thing to what he pictured originally seeing how that table is a GC copy.
People are going to take whatever they think out of a post. 🤷🏻‍♂️

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s the best analogy I could come up with.

He wanted something off the rack.

It’s not out there so far.
The table he pictured is not sold in the US. Its a Chinese GC copy. There are GC 3-4's that came in shiny black with returns. They're out there but it may take a while to track one down.

stevelomako

Cash. I uses cash beech.
Silver Member
The table he pictured is not sold in the US. Its a Chinese GC copy. There are GC 3-4's that came in shiny black with returns. They're out there but it may take a while to track one down.
That’s the kind of info I would want.

I thought the GC6 looked good.

It kind of looks like he needs to call a ton of billiard retailers and tell them what he’s looking for and give his number.

YukonCornelius

Registered
Not mine and no affiliation but there is a really nice looking Brunswick Metropolitan for sale on San Antonio's Craigslist. I'm not familiar with this model so not sure if the quality is up to your standards.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not mine and no affiliation but there is a really nice looking Brunswick Metropolitan for sale on San Antonio's Craigslist. I'm not familiar with this model so not sure if the quality is up to your standards.
Talking the 'Metro'? Not bad table but nothing like a Diamond or a GC.

stevelomako

Cash. I uses cash beech.
Silver Member
Only thing is shiny black shows EVERYTHING. Cars, boats, airplanes, whatever. Looks great when all clean and buffed but it can't hide a thing. Its gonna show every smudge, scratch, mark you can imagine. A buddy in Dallas bought a GC3 piano-finish and he gave up trying to keep it pretty. He buffs it up a couple times a yr.
Hey

You should see if your buddy would want a different table.

This guy could buy him what he wants and take his. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Gravey39

I’d vinyl wrap it with the high gloss scratch resistant vinyl they have for cars. I’d think it would probably be the best looking and last a long time without getting all scratched up. Theres a few different manufacturers of the scratch resistant kind. YouTube. You could probably find someone to do it really cheap too.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’d vinyl wrap it with the high gloss scratch resistant vinyl they have for cars. I’d think it would probably be the best looking and last a long time without getting all scratched up. Theres a few different manufacturers of the scratch resistant kind. YouTube. You could probably find someone to do it really cheap too.

This is actually a great idea. If it gets dingy over time it could be redone. The wrap pros can do damn near anything. Something like a pool table would be very easy compared to cars and trucks.

If they can cover something like this with Clear PPF or a with a specific design? A table lol?! Easy!

ford GT.jpg

ford GT MK II.jpg

Last edited:

MurrayNevada

Hey, not knocking you for your desire for ball returns - but just curious, why are they so important for you? Personally, I never really understood why folks like them especially for a home table. Diamond ball return system is nice and all, but they all add bulk, clunky moving parts, are harsher on the balls, are a pain for trapping dropped chalks, and much noisier. Also for shooting drills, I find drops much more convenient. In the case of the Diamond, the Pro with drop pockets & rounded pedestal legs is so much more attractive than the boxy ProAM & smart table… just my $0.02

Not preaching, just discussing.

Cheers
My home Pro-Am easily converts to drop pockets whenever I need it for a one-time $10.00 purchase and 30-seconds of work. And returns to ball return in half the time. The Pro-Am ball return is one of the quietest available and can be made even quieter with a little neoprene. And what moving parts?

Pro-Am Ball return Option below:
Car Wash Sponges.jpg

Gravey39

This is actually a great idea. If it gets dingy over time it could be redone. The wrap pros can do damn near anything. Something like a pool table would be very easy compared to cars and trucks.

If they can cover something like this with Clear PPF or a with a specific design? A table lol?! Easy!

View attachment 625455

View attachment 625456

No doubt. That’s what I’d do, if I wanted a certain color table. You can find used table for cheap, wrap it, change cloth and bam. Table would look brand new. Also I’ve been to a few car shows we’re a local company shows off some of the vinyl wraps. One let people drag a flat head over the vinyl wrap. They added this clear layer and when it would get scuffed or scratched, they would take a heat gun to it and they vanished. Wild stuff. I don’t recall the name of the product though.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No doubt. That’s what I’d do, if I wanted a certain color table. You can find used table for cheap, wrap it, change cloth and bam. Table would look brand new. Also I’ve been to a few car shows we’re a local company shows off some of the vinyl wraps. One let people drag a flat head over the vinyl wrap. They added this clear layer and when it would get scuffed or scratched, they would take a heat gun to it and they vanished. Wild stuff. I don’t recall the name of the product though.

Xpel most likely..they are one of the big players in that business.

How does PPF heal itself?

When self-healing paint protection film comes into contact with heat, it will return to its lowest energy state, appearing to be smooth and seamless. ... Similarly, self-healing PPF will “heal” any dings or surface-level scratches if you wash it with warm water or leave your car out under the sun.

phreaticus

My home Pro-Am easily converts to drop pockets whenever I need it for a one-time $10.00 purchase and 30-seconds of work. And returns to ball return in half the time. The Pro-Am ball return is one of the quietest available and can be made even quieter with a little neoprene. And what moving parts?

Pro-Am Ball return Option below:
View attachment 625457

Yes, well aware of the peanut pad trick. Nobody was shitting on your ProAm - very popular and obviously preferred by many/most - not my preferred ascetic or functionality for a home table - but they are obviously amazing, high quality tables. As for moving parts, this discussion wasn’t exclusively about Diamond Pro-AMs - the OP is evaluating & seeking input on many different brands. Looks like Diamond has done great job on their return design - on other tables (GC’s Gandy’s, Olhausen etc) they seem to be a source of some maintenance over time. While Diamonds have doors to access & clear dropped chalk & stuff - it still happens and takes a few min to clear out - while its simply a non issue with drop pockets. Not a major issue, I was simply curious what was the main reason(s) some folks seem to have a strong preference for returns - as in trying to have an open mind and learn something - is that still allowed? I wasn’t denigrating returns or recommending against them.

Man, some of you guys seem wound pretty tight.

Peace & love ✌️