Looking For a Similar Table in the US…

I’d vinyl wrap it with the high gloss scratch resistant vinyl they have for cars. I’d think it would probably be the best looking and last a long time without getting all scratched up. Theres a few different manufacturers of the scratch resistant kind. YouTube. You could probably find someone to do it really cheap too.
Not a bad idea at all really. I do wonder if the cloth could be installed on the rails without damaging the edge of the wrap.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GC returns don't need maintenance. They do have to be installed correctly or balls can hang up. The ball-box is cork lined and pretty quiet. I'm not a return fan but the GC returns work fine.
Yes, well aware of the peanut pad trick. Nobody was shitting on your ProAm - very popular and obviously preferred by many/most - not my preferred ascetic or functionality for a home table - but they are obviously amazing, high quality tables. As for moving parts, this discussion wasn’t exclusively about Diamond Pro-AMs - the OP is evaluating & seeking input on many different brands. Looks like Diamond has done great job on their return design - on other tables (GC’s Gandy’s, Olhausen etc) they seem to be a source of some maintenance over time. While Diamonds have doors to access & clear dropped chalk & stuff - it still happens and takes a few min to clear out - while its simply a non issue with drop pockets. Not a major issue, I was simply curious what was the main reason(s) some folks seem to have a strong preference for returns - as in trying to have an open mind and learn something - is that still allowed? I wasn’t denigrating returns or recommending against them.

Man, some of you guys seem wound pretty tight.

Peace & love ✌️

That’s the kind of info I would want.

I thought the GC6 looked good.

It kind of looks like he needs to call a ton of billiard retailers and tell them what he’s looking for and give his number.
Exactly right. I am in the process of calling quite a few now. So far, Olhausen and Canada Billiards will do a gloss black for some of their tables. Of course, then I am getting away from professional tables.

Nothing off the shelf to meet all of what I thought I wanted for sure so I will have to decide what is most important. It’s funny because a year or so ago, before I really started talking to manufacturers, I just assumed Brunswick did a gloss table and that was going to be that.

Last edited:

Gravey39

Xpel most likely..they are one of the big players in that business.

How does PPF heal itself?

When self-healing paint protection film comes into contact with heat, it will return to its lowest energy state, appearing to be smooth and seamless. ... Similarly, self-healing PPF will “heal” any dings or surface-level scratches if you wash it with warm water or leave your car out under the sun.

Yup that’s it. It was a big car show in Houston. They were scratching it up and heating it to make the scratches go away. Pretty cool stuff to see in person.

Gravey39

Not a bad idea at all really. I do wonder if the cloth could be installed on the rails without damaging the edge of the wrap.
Oh I’m sure. You could probably just wrap the vinyl back behind the rails so the edges won’t peal back over time.

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello. Can anyone help me determine if a similar table can be had in the US? This is a Buffalo Pro II which I believe is made in the Netherlands and only available in Europe. Looks like a GC clone.

I am trying to find a good quality gloss black table. It’s going in the middle of my house which basically makes it the primary feature of my entire home so looks are pretty important for me. I called Brunswick and they confirmed that they will not do custom finishes.

View attachment 624474
Found one, in Michigan.

Nyquil

And they are pretty quiet. The rubber matting really helps. Pretty sure there's an access door to get out chalk too. Not 100% on this tho.
I can confirm you have four total access doors on the bottom you can open and foot and head rail access to the middle part of the table. The head access is pretty small but I was able to get a cube of chalk out from there using one of those trash grabber things.

Just to provide an update for anyone finding this thread. The only table manufacturers that provide a high gloss “piano” finish as a matter of course are Canada Billiards and Pharaoh.

I found a couple of others that will spray a gloss instead of the standard satin finish, but it would not be a rubbed-out high gloss piano finish. For whatever reason, the people at Diamond that I contacted did not know what gloss meant, and of course there are specialty billiards companies ($15,000-$50,000) that will.

So at this moment I am focusing on furniture tables from Canada Billiards.

Nyquil

Just to provide an update for anyone finding this thread. The only table manufacturers that provide a high gloss “piano” finish as a matter of course are Canada Billiards and Pharaoh.

I found a couple of others that will spray a gloss instead of the standard satin finish, but it would not be a rubbed-out high gloss piano finish. For whatever reason, the people at Diamond that I contacted did not know what gloss meant, and of course there are specialty billiards companies ($15,000-$50,000) that will.

So at this moment I am focusing on furniture tables from Canada Billiards.
I would go Diamond black maple if it were me. You'll get that black somewhat glossy look without much grain.....

I would go Diamond black maple if it were me. You'll get that black somewhat glossy look without much grain.....
I believe the Diamond would be a better table, but the Professional just doesn’t check off enough boxes for me personally. I have tried to talk myself into it several times now, but in the end it just isn’t the right table for my space. If it had ball return, I would even consider refinishing it myself before install since I believe the Maple rails are solid wood. Although, considering my correspondence thus far, I am not sure Diamond would be able to tell me what the existing finish is. I assume lacquer, but who knows.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe the Diamond would be a better table, but the Professional just doesn’t check off enough boxes for me personally. I have tried to talk myself into it several times now, but in the end it just isn’t the right table for my space. If it had ball return, I would even consider refinishing it myself before install since I believe the Maple rails are solid wood. Although, considering my correspondence thus far, I am not sure Diamond would be able to tell me what the existing finish is. I assume lacquer, but who knows.
Rails on Diamonds are laminated then veneered. Strong as hell.