Looking for an upgrade....

Rampage8408

Registered
Hello all and let me start by saying Im currently usin a Cuetec 360 and love it but like many others Ive noticed mine has started to warp slightly and since it seems like a common problem Im looking to upgrade......Id like to stay under a $1000 for a playing cue and new break cue....thanks

NolesFan83

Wannabe pool player
Silver Member
Lots of options. I would hunt in the for sale section till something catches your eye. Loads of custom cues well below your ceiling

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am a Schon, Jacoby, Pechauer, and Viking dealer if you are interested in anything. Feel free to let me know and I will provide my best price shipped with PayPal or credit card payment. THx, Tom

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
You'll never go wrong with a Schon. That said, I shot with a Diveney a couple of weeks ago (full-splice wrapless) that impressed me greatly, and would have been within your price range. Don't overlook some of the custom makers, there're some good deals out there.

Rampage8408

Registered
I will deff have to take a look at some custom cues.....I really like OB or Lucasi Hybrid....ne opinions on these 2

Sgtkillmore

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lucasi Hybrid

I've owned a Lucas LHE30 19 oz before and it was a great cue. The butt is well balanced, so it isn't too heavy in the front or back. The rubber grip was my favorite part of the cue because it was very comfortable to hold, it didn't get dirty, and never slipped; also, it isn't effected by temperature meaning that it won't get slippery or sticky with humidity.

The lucasi moved the cue ball around very well, and it was a predictable shaft to play with in terms of English. The hit is very solid, as it feels like a regular maple shaft, but the deflection on the zero flexpoint shaft is still fairly high compared to OB shafts.

So comparatively to an OB cue, there is a lot to consider. Whether you want the rubber grip, whether you want the option of having a variety of shafts, an OB1, OB2, OB classic shaft. Whether or not the lowest deflection is a priority with the way you play or the feel of the shaft matters more.

Rampage8408

Registered
the grip isnt tht important for me but i do like the option of a variety of shafts......think now Im leaning towards OB

RSCA HOOLIGAN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bd cues

Bob Danielson can make you a nice set for under $1000 , you'll never regret it .
His cues are amazing .

homer66_59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rampage

My name is Tim and in my opinion you can't go wrong with BCM Cues( Bryan Mordt) for the money that you have to spend 1k. I just talked to Bryan today to get on his list for a player. Bryan's wait time is about 3-4 months . Again in my opinion you cant go wrong a custom cue that is a great player for production cue money 400 $ to 700 $. And Bryan is great to deal with and makes an awesome cue . I think its a win win situation for you and you will still have cash left over for a decent break cue. Not to just sell you on the BCM Cues there are many good people on the AZ for sale page that can help as well . Good luck in what ever decision you make .:thumbup:

Last edited:

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
Go custom have it made your way . Bdcustom cues makes great cues. I have Cocobolo plain Jane. With his ss360 shaft and man it plays great .. I'll post a pick soon.

ArtOfTheCue

Matt
Silver Member
My name is Tim and in my opinion you can't go wrong with BCM Cues( Bryan Mordt) for the money that you have to spend 1k. I just talked to Bryan today to get on his list for a player. Bryan's wait time is about 3-4 months . Again in my opinion you cant go wrong a custom cue that is a great player for production cue money 400 $ to 700 $. And Bryan is great to deal with and makes an awesome cue . I think its a win win situation for you and you will still have cash left over for a decent break cue. Not to just sell you on the BCM Cues there are many good people on the AZ for sale page that can help as well . Good luck in what ever decision you make .:thumbup:

I agree. I've got a BCM I've been playing with for 5 years now, and it's been great.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Under $1000? Buy a new Predator BK3 and a nice custom player off the marketplace.

Hell, for $1000 you can buy a Player, Breaker, Jump, and a nice case.

Rampage8408

Registered
ok so I think ive decided on Lucasi Hybrid.....I like my cues to match and I really like the white on the hitman cue and the fact I can get a slim taper on the shaft since my hands r kinda small.....I really wanna thank u guys for all ur inputs it helped me alot and I gained a lil knowledge

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you do business with Shooter08, I can tell having done business with Tom, I really can't imagine.....and I literally mean this......
anyone being more committed to making customers happy. Tom surely must be related to LL Bean somehow. Your ultimate
satisfaction is Shooter08's main concern or at least that's been my experience. That's why I'm one of Tom's many repeat customers.

Matt B