Looking for honest reviews on Barry Moore cues.

Justin , what ended up happening with that cue I made you an offer on? I know you said it didn't hit reserve on your auction so what did you end up doing? Also it just popped in my head why I probably liked it - it looks just like the old Mali I have lolol!

Oh, I did not have a reserve price on that auction. Starting price of $125, and it sold for $155. Buyer told me he ran a 3 pack (of 8 ball) with it, as soon as he picked it up, lol. He was really happy with it. I did not like it. The shaft was way too thick for me. It was a solid hitting cue though, and I could run out just fine with it. I will never know if there was a jump section on that cue, or not.

Justin , what ended up happening with that cue I made you an offer on? I know you said it didn't hit reserve on your auction so what did you end up doing? Also it just popped in my head why I probably liked it - it looks just like the old Mali I have lolol!

Speaking of Mali , there is a super nice looking Green label Mali on eBay right now (4 points with veneers, and MOP inlays in the butt). Very nice looking cue. I never liked any Mali I ever tried out though, but not sure if I ever hit with a green label Mali. Some of them are super nice, and look to be high quality .

Reserve? No wonder he's having such a time. Nothing repels serious buyers like a reserve auction.

That is true, and I think it is a pointless feature, that is there just so eBay can charge a high fee for it. I have never used that feature. He was mistaken.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously?

Ues, 1000%, for sure, for real, no doubt.

Oh, I did not have a reserve price on that auction. Starting price of $125, and it sold for $155. Buyer told me he ran a 3 pack (of 8 ball) with it, as soon as he picked it up, lol. He was really happy with it. I did not like it. The shaft was way too thick for me. It was a solid hitting cue though, and I could run out just fine with it. I will never know if there was a jump section on that cue, or not.
Sorry, from our conversation I thought you had a reserve. Guess my offer was spot on huh ? For the record Justin , in the future feel free to pm me BEFORE you put anything up for sale or create threads as I very well MAY pay you better and no harm in doing so right? The
Rice on this one was right on but if you had accepted my offer you would be a little ahead right now correct? Fees etc.... I may want to talk to you about lab tops too in the near future but we will do that via PM or cell. Thanks

Speaking of Mali , there is a super nice looking Green label Mali on eBay right now (4 points with veneers, and MOP inlays in the butt). Very nice looking cue. I never liked any Mali I ever tried out though, but not sure if I ever hit with a green label Mali. Some of them are super nice, and look to be high quality .
Cool, gotta link?

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always wondered , what does "hit a ton" mean exactly? I always assumed it meant something along the lines of "very solid hitting cue", but the term has always been a mystery to me.

" Hits a ton " is just the car salesman version selling cues . It doesn't mean anything literally other than you should buy this!

skankhammer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barry Moore cues are destined to be the next Balabushka, Szamboti, Tad, desirable cues. Buy them while you can. 😁

Barry Moore cues are destined to be the next Balabushka, Szamboti, Tad, desirable cues. Buy them while you can. ��

I wish people would be serious, and stop with the jokes. If you have never heard of the cue maker, then just do not reply. Don't bust out jokes, and start making fun of the guys name and make other silly comments. I should just post questions like this on facebook. They are much nicer and more serious over there.

Last edited:

skankhammer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish people would be serious, and stop with the jokes. If you have never heard of the cue maker, then just do not reply. Don't bust out jokes, and start making fun of the guys name and make other silly comments. I should just post questions like this on facebook. They are much nicer and more serious over there.

How can anyone take these threads you post seriously?
Seriously.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd say exactly 2000lbs. Now, if hits like a tonne, well it's not really Barry Moore, but it's 10% more.

Freddie <~~~ fan of Drew

This might be one of the funniest posts that I’ve ever read.
Seriously....

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm wondering how I can have played with the same sub $100 cue for the last 23 years.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin, here’s what i don’t get. You said you are too lazy to use the Search function. But you typed a loooong post and reply to everyone’s comments. I call BS.

I think you are addicted to the attention you get.

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just talked to Deanoc, he has one, says it is great, and will post pictures
sometime today.
jack

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just came across my feed, betcha this is the cue in question, ESPECIALLY after reading first line in post lolol! Screenshot_2017-10-22-16-25-58.jpg

BFC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good god. This forum is a joke sometimes and this thread is a prime example.

37 replies and almost ZERO helpful information.

Thanks to those FEW who actually posted relevant info.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Good god. This forum is a joke sometimes and this thread is a prime example.

37 replies and almost ZERO helpful information.

Thanks to those FEW who actually posted relevant info.

You have to understand that Justin is a lightning rod for this treatment.
How do you handle a guy who asks you a question with the stipulation that you be honest?
That is implying that you tend to lie.
....a lot of us stuck up for him and did him favors...but his social ineptness kept rearing
its ugly head.