looking for suggestions

gold, you have given alot of good advise , so maple shaft or kiel wood for what i look for for all in one, and yes i know if i need well hard hitting break, grab the house cue :) till i get a break one i like
Buy something you really like. It will last forever if taken care of. Cues can always be modified... aftermarket shafts, weight change in butt. etc.
 
I can only tell you to experiment. One size does not fit all.
Myself I like the REVO.... however a good piece of maple will serve you. I'm not familiar with kiel.
ok, im the same not familiar with new or well new for me composite things, when i was playing regualar, fiber was new , i have been out of well the real game for awhile. So for me all been well maple, hard wood stuff.
 
I have a few Schmelkes..... very well made. Nice to play with. Only nit pick is if using an aftermarket shaft (REVO, 312, etc,) there is a slight lip at the joint ...but not a deal breaker. My buddy has a Schmelke Bocote sneaky and it's a beautifully figured piece of wood.
I have had Schmelke make butt joints to match the exact diameter of shafts I already had and vice versa.
 
So i am looking at a few cues, one is joss jossp01 and also looking at some Schmelke cues. Yes i do like the sneaky pete style, had an old J&J long time ago but got rid of it. I am not one for having a break cue and then swap over time. These are well two brands i haven't had the chance to shot with in my years of playing. Looking to hear from those who have had one of these to provide a bit of input. I like a solid hit, no ping sounds when hitting. I have had a chance to try a few other cues in past.
Buy the Joss . No question.
 
A Schmelke SP is selling for $150
Just get it, test it and if you like it, the search is over.
If not, sell it for $100 and get the Joss.

You can still get a J&J for less than $150 if you liked that cue so much.

As for breaking, l wouldn’t worry about it with a $150 cue, if it gets damaged just get another one…
 
@GoldCrown So if went with the schmelkes, what would you suggest for shaft, kielwood or maple, for what i am wanting?
One thing to consider, if you're dead set on breaking with the cue you might want to avoid a kielwood shaft. From Richard Hsu himself, due to the process of creating them they tend to be a little more brittle and could be damaged by continuous breaking...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top