looking to buy the old brown linen phenolic rods

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think its called like mahogany color linen phenolic im looking for joint size a joint size and butt size any help would be greatly appreciated pm me please

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Old mahogany colored linen phenolic is no longer produced. The sources previously mentioned do not have anything like the old mahogany. Good luck finding any because it's rare to find and most people that have any won't sell it.

JSS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got some old phenolic square pieces I might would sell.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
as much as anyone has got. how much u got that would be great

Roger, I'm not willing to sell everything but may be persuaded into a slicing off enough for one or two cue's. I'm not at home so can't look but tomorrow I will confirm that what I have is what you want and we can go from there.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok clue me in.
how do you know if linen mahogany tube is ”the old good stuff” or just something that looks like it?
Any tests or?

thanks!
smt

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's what I have. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_0850.JPG
    IMG_0850.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0851.JPG
    IMG_0851.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0852.JPG
    IMG_0852.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 154

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
These are both old. But, the top one is the best ever of all linen imo.
So freaking clean and fine.
The bottom one is still a hundred times better than the stuff you get from Atlas now. It darkens really nicely with finish .
But, the fine mahogany ROLLED LINEN is no longer produced.
One of those things I wished I bought a freaking warehouse-full in two decades ago.
Same goes for the other non-Atlas fiber tube .
I've been trying to get 40 feet of them and have been stumped so far . Sorry, can't sell any for now. Good luck in your search.

Attachments

• DSC02869.JPG
    DSC02869.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 147

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These are both old. But, the top one is the best ever of all linen imo.
So freaking clean and fine.
The bottom one is still a hundred times better than the stuff you get from Atlas now. It darkens really nicely with finish .
But, the fine mahogany ROLLED LINEN is no longer produced.
One of those things I wished I bought a freaking warehouse-full in two decades ago.
Same goes for the other non-Atlas fiber tube .
I've been trying to get 40 feet of them and have been stumped so far . Sorry, can't sell any for now. Good luck in your search.

I was unaware they were different products so I am assuming what I have is NOT what he wants.

CuesRus1973

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Old mahogany colored linen phenolic is no longer produced. The sources previously mentioned do not have anything like the old mahogany. Good luck finding any because it's rare to find and most people that have any won't sell it.
You are correct, it has not been produced for years. I was told that it was inconsistent, blotchy, unsellable and the manufacturer won't take returns.

They have something sort of close now but it will not match old construction.