looking to id this cue ferrel

youloudmouth

stop yelling at me
Silver Member
Hello my buddy had a cue he played with as a teen and the ferrel broke many years ago Im looking to buy a new one or covert it to a better shaft Ill try and post the pictures please bear with me Im new at this. thanks

Attachments

• fred.JPG
    fred.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 254
  • fred 2.JPG
    fred 2.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 250

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where do you live?
I would think any cue repair person could put a replacement ferrule with a new tip on the existing shaft . Assuming that the shaft is not split, it should be very repairable.
Neil

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you go to a local pool hall, I am sure someone there will either be able to do it for you , or put you in contact with a local repairer or cuemaker.

Neil

Grumpy

Senior Citizen
Silver Member
Ferrule??

youloudmouth said:
Hello my buddy had a cue he played with as a teen and the ferrel broke many years ago Im looking to buy a new one or covert it to a better shaft Ill try and post the pictures please bear with me Im new at this. thanks
These pictures do not show the ferrule. The ferrule is on the other end of the shaft.

youloudmouth

stop yelling at me
Silver Member
yes it did sorry my fault i should have said that.The tip also screwed into the ferrule. I took a picture of the butt end also so if any body might know where to get a new shaft that will fit. I'll take it to work tomorrow and measure the threads and pitch

youloudmouth

stop yelling at me
Silver Member
Thanks everybody
My buddy took it over to one of the machine shops at work and he replaced the pin with one that will accept a normal fuerrel