Lose your true sneaky pete at Pool Sharks?

risky biz

Banned
I found a true Sneaky Pete in the racks of house cues at Pool Sharks in Las Vegas today. A house cue with a joint installed and a good straight shaft added. I only noticed the nearly invisible joint because there was something else distinctive about the cue that made me look at it closer. I tried two or three shots with it and it plays good. I took it over to the houseman and suggested he keep it in the office in case the owner came looking for it. He declined . . . said it had been there for a week and a half and he suggested I keep it. I didn't. I thought briefly about holding on to it and putting notices here and elsewhere but decided to just put it back on the wall. After my experience with the "stipid criminal" thread here a while back I know there are quite a few people who are so thrilled about "catching a thief" that they'll grab anyone handy to play the part of the thief in their personal drama. I washed my hands of it. There's a good chance someone else took the cue home.
 
Glad you did the right thing and turned it in. People are always leaving stuff behind at the poolhall. Last week someone left the cue and case propped up against the front desk, and probably forgot about it when they paid their table time. Another time someone left behind a Sledgehammer break cue, which I promptly turned in to the house. Hoping the owner would come back and ask.
 
I found a true Sneaky Pete in the racks of house cues at Pool Sharks in Las Vegas today. A house cue with a joint installed and a good straight shaft added. I only noticed the nearly invisible joint because there was something else distinctive about the cue that made me look at it closer. I tried two or three shots with it and it plays good. I took it over to the houseman and suggested he keep it in the office in case the owner came looking for it. He declined . . . said it had been there for a week and a half and he suggested I keep it. I didn't. I thought briefly about holding on to it and putting notices here and elsewhere but decided to just put it back on the wall. After my experience with the "stipid criminal" thread here a while back I know there are quite a few people who are so thrilled about "catching a thief" that they'll grab anyone handy to play the part of the thief in their personal drama. I washed my hands of it. There's a good chance someone else took the cue home.

Why wouldnt the house man keep the cue behind the counter,where it would be safe and sooner or later the rightful owner would have his stick back,instead he says for u to hold it,then u put it back on the wall,iam glad thats not my home room!you tried to do the rite thing,shame on the house man.
 
Last edited:
Why wouldnt the house man keep the cue behind the counter,where it would be safe and sooner or later the rightful owner would have his stick back,instead he says for u to hold it,then u put it back on the wall,iam glad thats not my home room!you tried to do the rite thing,shame on the house man.

absolutely correct, Richie! :thumbup:

and green rep to the op for at least letting the foggy-headed houseman know about it.

Best,
Brian kc
 
Why wouldnt the house man keep the cue behind the counter,where it would be safe and sooner or later the rightful owner would have his stick back,instead he says for u to hold it,then u put it back on the wall,iam glad thats not my home room!you tried to do the rite thing,shame on the house man.

The houseman showed me other cues they've been holding. They probably get tired of carefully babysitting cues for people who don't take care of their own cues.
 
Back
Top