Loss of power in stroke

luke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After having extensive shoulder surgery I've lost a lot of power in my stroke.What cue technology in a performance shaft would help me regain some power without losing too much control? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
 
After having extensive shoulder surgery I've lost a lot of power in my stroke.What cue technology in a performance shaft would help me regain some power without losing too much control? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
You want the ball to move faster for a slow stroke. That's not going to happen except in some marketing manager's dreams. You get a little faster cue ball speed with a phenolic or other very hard tip, but you lose the ability to spin the ball due to chalk problems.

I'd practice power shots but not to the point of fatigue or injury. One pocket might give your shoulder a rest. Maybe a lighter cue stick would help.
 
After having extensive shoulder surgery I've lost a lot of power in my stroke.What cue technology in a performance shaft would help me regain some power without losing too much control? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

None that I know of ...

However, I would suggest repetitive motion to regain some rhythm & coordination, that alone will give you some more speed in your stroke. I'd also suggest some physical therapy & maybe even weight training to regain muscle strength...

Good Luck
 
First off do as the doctor says regarding rehab. Second don't go trying to over do things and screw up the surgeons work. Third be prepared to break the way a person much smaller AND weaker than yourself would. This could mean using as light of a break cue or as heavy of a break cue as you need. My guess would be since you can't use a fast stroke you will need to use as heavy of a break cue as you can handle with a hard tip.
Good luck.
 
Back
Top