Lucasi Cues & the Uni-Lock Joint

Saw an interesting cue yesterday locally. Lucasi was the brand name, and think they are made in China.?

It also had something called a Uni-Lock Joint. Anyone have experience with these Cues, and this 360 Degree Locking Twist System?

Comments Pro or Con appreciated. Appears to be a lot of value for a low price. :cool:

azbicyclis85376 said:
Saw an interesting cue yesterday locally. Lucasi was the brand name, and think they are made in China.?

It also had something called a Uni-Lock Joint. Anyone have experience with these Cues, and this 360 Degree Locking Twist System?

Comments Pro or Con appreciated. Appears to be a lot of value for a low price. :cool:

You'll get a lot of pro's and cons on this issue. I happen to be on the pro side. They are a very good feeling and playing cue. The inlay work isn't real ivory, but you can't expect it for the price. However, they have some gorgeous designs for the money. Hang on to your hat though, the cons will follow, and not necessarily from guys that ever owned one or played with them for any length of time. Most of it will be from heresay.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the money they are definitely a great cue. My buddy has one and I will shoot with it occasionally and like the hit. As far as the Uni-Lock I would pose that question in the Cuemakers section. I think it has been discussed at length before but they would probably be the best bet for solid answers.

Regards,
Dave

Perk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My teammate plays with a Lucasi, and I enjoyed using it occasionally. The hit is solid, and the looks are decent. I liked the way it hit, so I purchased one for my son (13 yr old). He definately loves it, and plays all the time. I will grab his and play with it, if I dont feel like getting my playing cue out.

I break with it, and it breaks the balls quite well. As far as the uni-loc joint goes, we havent had any problems with it. I was playing with it one time, and noticed that it had came loose. Not sure how common this is though.

For the most part, it is an excellent cue for the price. I rate it higher than the low end Players cues that you can get for the same price. IMO

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lucasi is made by jim lucas of cue & case sales in florida. they are a great cue for the money, but they are also made in chine, so buy them with a grain of salt. i have seen them warp in the butt. cue & case actually paid bill stroud a lot of money to design the cues, not the inlays, but the building of them. anyone think they feel a little like a josswest. 1st and second generation lucasi's played great, since then i think there quality has gone down a bit. on some of the high end cues the small white inlays are ivory....bone ivory, not elephant. hope this helps

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is the unilock joint on Lucasi the "standard" unilock? Or is it a variation that looks the same? Can you interchange Lucasi unilock butts/shafts with other unilock cues?

iusedtoberich said:
Is the unilock joint on Lucasi the "standard" unilock? Or is it a variation that looks the same? Can you interchange Lucasi unilock butts/shafts with other unilock cues?

I'm pretty sure it's a standard uniloc. It's the same one as a Predator. I think one that's different and can't be changed is an Accu-loc.

CaptainJR

Shiver me timbers.
Silver Member
I have one and love it. Only cue I use. Just one thing I had to get use to. (story first)

My buddy and I were working on my boat one day. He was trying to get a bolt loose and couldn't get it loose. He said to me, 'you put the extra firm on this one!' It was one that I had tightened a while back. So I went over and loosed it for him. He was right though, I had put the extra firm on it. You see he and I have a little inside joke going between us about how much of a understatement 'extra firm' can mean and how I can unintentionally grunt a little and overdue it a little at times.

End of story and back to my Lucasi
When I first got it, I treated it just as my other cue, being careful not to put the 'extra firm' on it when putting it together. I thought I might overdue it and not be able to get it apart. Then every now and again it would sound funny when hitting a ball, I'd look at it and discover it had come loose a little at the joint. After it goofing up a couple of shots I started putting the 'extra firm' on it and that solved the problem.

So, if you get one, you might keep in mind that this type of joint (at least mine) needs to be put together tightly or it can come loose.

CaptainJR said:
You see he and I have a little inside joke going between us about how much of a understatement 'extra firm' can mean and how I can unintentionally grunt a little and overdue it a little at times.

Cap-E-Ton....Do you and the little lady ever have these same discussions and inside joke going? (Couldn't help myself....the devil made me do it) :D

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have had my Lucasi Cue for over 2 years now, and like it a great deal. i like it so much that i pretty much consider it my #1 playing cue over my Nova Custom, Pechauer, and Cuetec Cue.

however, i have just recently purchased the Predator Shaft for the Lucasi, and have the shaft just exactly the way i like it now with the right tip. if i was going to go and play in a professional tournament, the cue i would use would be this Lucasi/Predator combo.

and i've never had a problem with this joint coming loose. however, seems like every wood to wood joint cue i have ever had seems to always come lose. this might be hard to believe, but they seem to come lose on me. i wont have a cue thats a wood to wood joint.

regards,
DCP

CaptainJR

Shiver me timbers.
Silver Member
Originally Posted by CaptainJR
You see he and I have a little inside joke going between us about how much of a understatement 'extra firm' can mean and how I can unintentionally grunt a little and overdue it a little at times.

drivermaker said:
Cap-E-Ton....Do you and the little lady ever have these same discussions and inside joke going? (Couldn't help myself....the devil made me do it) :D

Well, she has never complained about me overdueing it. LOL :p

Wild Eight

Chalk is Free
Lucasi

I play with a first generation Lucasi. I love the hit. It has a good balance and has stayed true for years now. Part of that is the way I take care of my cues I think. I recommend them to anyone, it makes a great playing cue that looks good. I have the uni lock joint too.

Jon

Custom User Title
Silver Member
Wild Eight said:
I play with a first generation Lucasi. I love the hit. It has a good balance and has stayed true for years now. Part of that is the way I take care of my cues I think. I recommend them to anyone, it makes a great playing cue that looks good. I have the uni lock joint too.
If you have a "first generation" Lucasi, it wouldn't have the uni-lock joint. They first had a piloted 5/16-18 joint.

Thanks,

Jon

Wild Eight

Chalk is Free
Thanks but

Give me a bit when I get off work I'll take some pics for ya. Not trying to start a flame war but it is, it does. :)

Funk Master

Registered
Love My Lucasi...had it for almost a year. The only thing is the shaft seems to deflect a lot. Want to get a predator soon. :D

Collectable Cues, and Players

Have been considering another Cue, but I want something that is Playable, but also would hold it's value if I take care of it, but have to sell it. What is playable, but also would be one that holds value

Such a thing, or pie in the sky? Budget is $1,500.00 Max
:confused: