Make a predator sports lighter

shaggybahama

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any recommendations on making a predator sports Butt lighter, all weight cartridge are out ,but would like for it to be a at least half Oz to 1 oz lighter. With extension added cue is too heavy. Thanks in advance.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a waste of time to make your butt lighter.

Just buy one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190503-131419.jpg
    Screenshot_20190503-131419.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 414

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a 19 oz Roadline Le6. The butt weighs 15.3 oz. Since they sell this cue in an 18 ounce version I assumed I would be able to remove 1 ounce. I want to use a 3” extension that weighs 2.65 ounces and I was hoping to reduce the weight of the as low as possible, maybe 20.65oz. Turns out the weight bolt does not have the pin holes and cannot be removed.

I doesn’t make since to me, I’m willing to pay the $70 weight kit with the special tool but it looks like Predator Is not consistent with the the construction of their cues. I like the idea of being able to vary the weight of the cue and am willing to pay for it. Maybe I bought a China bootleg.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any competent cue maker can lighten the butt.

He will chuck it up in his lathe,
dial it in until it is perfectly concentric,
then use an aircraft drill to deepen the hole previously used for the weight bolts.

Done this way, if the butt ends up a bit too light, one can still add a weight bolt to bring it back to desired weight.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the idea of the modular pool cue. Adjustable weight, length, and many different shafts to chose from.
Predator is almost there.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the idea of the modular pool cue. Adjustable weight, length, and many different shafts to chose from.
Predator is almost there.

Well, weight most have weight bolts, length you can get extensions and shafts, there are dozens on the market to pick from. Length would be tough to change with something built in without adding some structure issues that can lead to unwanted buzzing/vibrations. Maybe a screw on collar on the shaft so you can adjust it a bit finer than standard extensions.