Manuel Ederer Disqualified

AlinEdm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because the story is short on details I’m left wondering what this player did to have his disqualification announced on an international pool site.

“The official reasoning is that Ederer behaved himself in a way which the Board deems to be damaging and harmful to the pool sport.”
http://azbilliards.com/2000storya.php?storynum=9031

Considering what I have read here about player behavior either the Europeans are less tolerant or he did something REALLY bad. Anyone know?

News travels far and fast these days!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because the story is short on details I’m left wondering what this player did to have his disqualification announced on an international pool site.

“The official reasoning is that Ederer behaved himself in a way which the Board deems to be damaging and harmful to the pool sport.”
http://azbilliards.com/2000storya.php?storynum=9031

Considering what I have read here about player behavior either the Europeans are less tolerant or he did something REALLY bad. Anyone know?

News travels far and fast these days!

I have noticed that there has been an increase in press releases on AzBilliards Main Page in recent times, which is great. That's where the pool news should be.

To issue a press release and not provide further details of what is considered "damaging and harmful to the pool sport" leaves one wondering what happened. It's only natural to be curious.

Did he break his cue? Did he bang his head on the table and cause blood? Did he give somebody the single-finger salute? Inquiring minds wanna know! :p

JarnoV

JarnoV
Silver Member
What makes this all the more puzzling is that from what I've seen, Manuel Ederer is one of the most well-behaved juniors. I've never seen him tossing stuff around. He has always been a class act. (Not this time, though, I guess. :))

That said, his tournament hasn't been going well as he was one of the biggest favorites in most of the events, but hasn't had much success. I think his (unofficial) comment after one lost game was something like "I just played the second worst player of the tournament. I'm the worst."